!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Linked Events

• Blackburn & East Lancs Show: November 10, 2018 - November 11, 2018

Author Topic: Blackburn & East Lancs Show  (Read 112 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Blackburn & East Lancs Show
« on: July 28, 2018, 07:55:49 pm »
Darwen Vale High School, Blackburn Road, Darwen, Lancashire BB3 0AL

Saturday 10th November 10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 11th November 10.00 - 17.00

N gauge layouts booked

Grange Over Sands
Lower Darwen Shed

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Blackburn & East Lancs Show - the pics
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 05:04:09 pm »
Popped along this afternoon as it's only 45 minutes up the road so it would have been rude not to.
New venue this year - very clean and well laid out. A very nice cup of coffee too, although I arrived at just before 2pm and the hot food was long gone :(

The N gauge layouts first.

Lower Darwen Shed (love the swing over the pool but they need some rain, methinks)

Grange-over-Sands

@dannyboy
However, I did like this 00 layout purely as it was based in Ireland and is not something frequently seen. One of the operators said the layout owner was Irish and that his wife was buried in a plot in the grounds of the church on the model, to which I replied "She must have been very small when she passed away".

Carrowbeg

And now to a whinge. I think a 7.00 entrance fee for just 11 layouts is a bit much. OK, the facilities were very good but were at least 3 huge 00 layouts really necessary (Carrowbeg was 24ft x 10ft) and I reckon the others were bigger still? Just my thoughts, though.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Blackburn & East Lancs Show
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:41 pm »
Thanks for that Mick. Carrowboy is in Galway which does not hold happy memories for me - it is where I had some of my medical 'investigations' 2 or 3 years ago! :'(. However, I did like to see the 'Eurolines' coaches on the layout having used them a few times for my trips back home. I can drive the 15 miles to work, (not for much longer  :claphappy:), leave my car in the car park, scrounge a lift 5 miles up the road from a wagon driver and get on a coach. The coach leaves just after lunchtime and I am carried all the way back to Bradford via the overnight ferry. Only problem is it is 6am the following morning before I get to Bradford! Still, it is a reasonably cheap way to travel.  :thumbsup:
@Newportnobby
P.S. Some good quality photo's there.
Whoa, whoa! Not sure what I was doing there - Carrowboy is in Roscommon, Carrowbeg is in Mayo! (Must have been a 'senior moment'). Sorry.  :-[
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:30:42 pm by dannyboy, Reason: Made a pigs ear of it! »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything