!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cutting corners  (Read 205 times)

Online Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Cutting corners
« on: July 13, 2018, 06:14:17 pm »
Getting frustrated at cutting out small windows from things printed on adhesive backed label stock , new blade but some places where the cut outs are close together the  :censored: stuff tears, (thus causing tears of frutration)

I decided to search #Amazon for square punches in a variety of sizes, did find some obviosly from a distant shore as delivery was August, however I may still order a set, in the meantime I'm going to try these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CNSDFKK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If they don't do what I want then it's these, 5 sizes 1mm through 5mm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cutter-Hollow-Square-Leather-package/dp/B01BA7RM1Q/ref=pd_sbs_201_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01BA7RM1Q&pd_rd_r=92ef4532-86bf-11e8-be8f-752c631a86ea&pd_rd_w=J1rcU&pd_rd_wg=kDnh6&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=5179604776422437276&pf_rd_r=YC31C6RSNE3KQVDJKJJM&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=YC31C6RSNE3KQVDJKJJM

I would have thought there would be a UK stockist, but they only seem to do round or multi sets like the first one above.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Online Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Re: Cutting corners
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 04:27:31 pm »
Well the good news is that the punches do work, nice clean hole in paper, card or plasticard, however the smallest square hole is 6mm, for the job in hand I want less than 3mm, so have now ordered the set of 5, 1mm through 5mm, from China due to arrive some time in the first half of August.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
October Donations

Advertise Here