!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: RENFE subclasses 319.X diesel locomotives.  (Read 43 times)

Offline biela49

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
RENFE subclasses 319.X diesel locomotives.
« on: July 11, 2018, 01:04:20 pm »
I think that I am not wrong saying that 319 is the class of RENFE diesel locs widest and longest standing. First units came in the early 60’s, manufactured by MACOSA with General Motors engines developping 1977 HP. In the 80’s many units were refurbished, giving birth to 4 subclasses: 319.1,.2,.3, .4. The look of that subseries are the same for 3 of them but subclaass 319.2 has a very diferrent and somehow strange look, using parts not common in other classes. The 20 locomotoves of subclass 319.2 was knicknamed Retales (Leftovers) . Only the subclass 319.3 are able to supply enrgy to a passsanger train. The other subclases where sometime used for passenger traffic but in such a case a generator van was needed.

Quite a number of these locomotives are still running is Spain and other countries, as for example Argentina.

Let me now introduce to you all my 319.2, 319.3, and 319.4

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: RENFE subclasses 319.X diesel locomotives.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 01:09:12 pm »
Nice! 

That reminds me I must run my old Ibertren 3-rail set with the green 319 diesel, it's not been out of the box for a few years.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything