!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Farish Longmoor Loco - help needed with PCB  (Read 311 times)

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Farish Longmoor Loco - help needed with PCB
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 01:11:10 pm »
Are the blanking plugs interchangeable?

Think about it:  the idea is that you can buy any decoder designed for the particular socket and it will work. Same goes for blanking plates otherwise it wouldn't be a standard interface able to take any decoder.

As Al says, some blanking plates are physically larger than others, some have RF suppression components and others don't.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Bramshot

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 08:47:39 pm »
Thanks DrAl.

Those will be the ones with coreless motors, I guess.

Offline Fredastaire

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 12:14:49 pm »
Thanks to you all for your replies. yesterday I ran it in with blanking PCB from purloined from my Deltic; Last night I ran it on our club layout, very smooth but slow compared to Poole Farish.

One more query, I see a few of these Locos on ebay, split from sets, I never see the coaches. I'm puzzled; are these now an undesirable non seller set? and what happens to all those missing coaches?

I'm well pleased anyhow and thanks again

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 01:01:52 pm »
I've seen the coaches for sales on at least two occasions in the last couple of months - one set was ebay and I think the other was on the N'Porium Facebook group. I was almost tempted but then read up on them and the LMR didn't have many of that type anyway.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:02:58 pm by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything