!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Ronstone to St. David line  (Read 136 times)

Offline Steamyjon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
The Ronstone to St. David line
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:08:18 pm »
A little intro first. Iím Jon and have been into N gauge for over 20 years. My brother and dad were always into OO but I liked the size of n gauge. I was bought a Graham Farish set for my 10th birthday and I loved it. It then sat in my parents loft for 20 years until I randomly decided to get it out and have a play.
I set up a small loop and then added a second loop around the outside

I was never happy with this so when we moved to a bigger house with a garage I decided my trains can come out and I can build something bigger.
I knew that I only wanted something around 4 foot by 2 foot so using SCARM came up with this:

I needed a lot more track so popped to my local model shop in Alton and grabbed some flex track. Iíve had to buy bits slowly as money is very tight. The final pieces of the puzzle were some points and i got them yesterday from TINGS.
I ignored the kids for 4 hours today and built the layout! Wiring was a little bit tricky as Iíve got a convoluted switching section which can be controlled by either controller

Iíve laid all the track and had a ďtestĒ session (any excuse to run the trains) now all Iíve got to do is fix the track down and start on scenery.
Final note - the name is up in the air, I wanted to use the names of both my grandad and dad as they are instrumental in getting me into trains. So the Ronstone to St. David line was born

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: The Ronstone to St. David line
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 10:44:10 pm »
Thanks for that, Jon. The name may be up in the air but so, it seems, are your tools :goggleeyes:
Is the last pic upside down by any chance ;)

Offline Steamyjon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: The Ronstone to St. David line
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 10:46:51 pm »
Thanks for that, Jon. The name may be up in the air but so, it seems, are your tools :goggleeyes:
Is the last pic upside down by any chance ;)
Yeah it is.  ??? It was the right way up when I took it, not sure how to rotate it either

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything