!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Ryanontherails Workbench  (Read 99 times)

Offline Ryanontherails

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26919
    • Awards
Ryanontherails Workbench
« on: July 04, 2018, 02:13:21 am »
Hi everyone and welcome to my topic / blog about whatís happening on my little workbench. I do have another topic over on layout construction where you can follow my progress on the building of the layout. But I wanted to keep another topic open here with all the other jobs that Iíve got going on. Iím sure I will have much more to post in the future.

For my first post over here, tonight after a awful day at work I came home and relaxed by building 1 of the 4 Slimrails OTA wagons that will feature on my Scottish themed layout. Have to say that the kit is very well made indeed and easy to assemble, comes in only a few seperate parts. Only part Iím having to adjust is the buffer to fit in the holes of the wagon, a quick run of a little drill bit will sort that out tho. Itís got great detail and Iím lookong forward to putting together the other 3 and now considering getting a couple more for the layout. Think a nice rake of 6, 7 or maybe even 8 OTA wagons behind a 37 would look damn good! I think with the next 3 I will paint all the parts first before assembly as it will be easier that when assembled. Posted a couple of pics of the first build of the wagons. 

Coming in a later post will be a detailed look at how Iíve modified the rapido coupling into a semi-permanent magnetic coupling, that will come the next time I do a batch of modifications to some stock so I can get some step by step photos. I discovered this method after getting fed up with them Dapol Mk3 couplings dropping down all the time so needed to find a simple cheap fix.

Happy modelling
Ryan.

Offline Jollybob

• N Gauge Society Number: 22210
  • WD fan in the heart of the GWR
    • Awards
Re: Ryanontherails Workbench
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:26:13 am »
Excellent work so far. I look forward to reading more of your posts.  :)

Offline cjdodd

• Owner of Colworth Hill and Billybrook Yard
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Ryanontherails Workbench
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:48:02 am »
I've never heard of SlimRails before

http://www.slimrails.co.uk/indexNgauge.html for those that are interested.

I like the look of their OTA Timber Wagons

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here