!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Railtec Transfers  (Read 282 times)

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Railtec Transfers
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:30:36 pm »
I've just received another package of quality transfers from Steve at Railtec. :thumbsup:

Ordered at the weekend, dispatched yesterday, received today - outstanding. :thumbsup:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Railtec Transfers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:05:05 pm »
Yep, must say I'm a big fan of his decals, best out there IMO.

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 05:07:47 pm »
Good old boy is Steve.

I have a few sets on order (that he does not yet produce) for some outstanding projects.

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Now proud owner of Airesby Colliery - An ex exhibition layout that will soon be back on the exhibition circuit, after a little TLC. Thread coming soon...

Offline kirky

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18171
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 05:50:35 pm »
Yep, totally agree, they are very high quality transfers indeed. On the other hand, Fox transfers ...  :veryangry:

cheers
Kirky
Northallerton is in the August 2018 edition of Raiway Modeller

and in real life at the Normanton and Pontefract exhibition. New College, Park Lane, Pontefract. 26/27th January 2019

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Offline robert shrives

• N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 08:40:42 pm »
Hi
Agree Steve produces the goods he is a one man band and works many hours for our pleasures !! So its good to add my thanks as well. I would also add others are available and with differing carriers and slightly differing takes on items. I have also used Fox, Replica. modelmaster and Precision labels to name a few all have given good service.

The original owners of Fox attended exhibitions with a mass of stock and always a queue as they had a massive market share - almost monopoly.  But it only part of a larger graphics business.  Sadly both owners suffered medical issues and cut back and then after IIRC a heart attack Mr Watts stopped most things for a while.  The model transfers side he did from home but I think when he fully retired they returned to the business fold - I am sure you need to have an enthusiast or modeler  on the staff and I have seen some lovely work in 4 and 7mm. But the 2mm/N sales were always very small.   

I have to say that overtime quite a few of my older fox transfers have seen new issues from Steve and so the old ones will never get used. Still very good and if anybody has a need I might have something useful to pass on.
Robert           

Offline class8mikado

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 02:52:56 pm »
 Never realised that the transfer supply was so highly dependant on so few individuals ( Cue Churchill).
 Think I have tried all the suppliers  in vain for some P numbers to finish off the dozen Private Owner wagons  I have lovingly trashed into a postwar semblance, but if anyone knows otherwise... :helpneededsign:

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here