!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 4003 times)

Offline port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2018, 03:58:28 pm »
I see a certain non Columbian bloated has-been has gone on record as saying the ref was hopeless and that Columbia were robbed ::)
Sorry to pick you up on this Mick but I didnít realise that US States were allowed in the World Cup.  :D
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Jon898

• Awards
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2018, 05:06:48 pm »
I see a certain non Columbian bloated has-been has gone on record as saying the ref was hopeless and that Columbia were robbed ::)
Sorry to pick you up on this Mick but I didnít realise that US States were allowed in the World Cup.  :D

:confusedsign:  No US state called "Columbia"...there's the "District of Columbia" (not a state) and "British Columbia"...which is actually in Canada.  If you were thinking of DC, then I agree that it is bloated and full of hot air which may resemble the gentleman to whom the reference was made.

Jon

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2018, 05:41:35 pm »
Hah!! FIFA have slapped him down................ :claphappy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44729969

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2018, 10:29:10 pm »
Hi all,

No feedback on today's games?  :confused1:

I didn't get to see either as was working and then the TV was hijacked. There was a reason and now have lots of brownie points  :).

Will watch the highlights.

France v Belgium. Would be interesting to watch that in a border town. Not quite sure how it works. Don't really know how it works on the English/Welsh or English/Scottish border.

If you live on the wrong side do you have to watch and support your team on the other side?

Anyway, all great stuff. I did catch a bit on the radio and there was talk of South American shenanigans. Won't comment as didn't see. It's wrong but it happens. There must have been some good football. Let's hope the rest of us can set an example in the next few games.

Am so looking forward to tomorrow  :claphappy:, or am I  :worried:

Cheers weave  :beers:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:35:31 pm by weave »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2018, 10:34:39 pm »
Our posts crossed, Weave.

Well - what a day.
I thought Uruguay held their own quite well until their goalkeeper's nightmare howler and then they reverted to trying to kick the French off the pitch ::) They had no imagination in the French half of the pitch so really deserved to lose.

The Brazil v Belgium game started off thunderingly with Belgium having the upper hand in the first half but they tired slightly in the 2nd half. Try as they could, Brazil could not break down the defence so came away with nothing but another Golden Raspberry Award going to Neymar awarded by the referee instead of a yellow card >:(

No South American teams in the last 4 so all that remains is to see if England can beat Sweden and who comes out top between Russia and Croatia. I suppose as usual the England game will be a nailbiting affair as they swing between great play and poor play :uneasy:

I have to say I am sick and tired of players deliberately obstructing play with their hands held up in the air as if they are doing no wrong. Why the refs have not been told to issue more cards I just don't know ::)

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2018, 10:54:13 pm »
Hi all,

Slight dilemma. Pub or home tomorrow?

Overcrowded pub with people you've never seen before and expensive drinks but with great atmosphere or home with cheap drinks, able to smoke inside and 4 barking dogs who don't understand why daddy is either shouting expletives, jumping up and down or crying in the corner.

Can't decide  :doh:

Cheers weave  :beers:

Online scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2018, 11:12:41 pm »
I thought the Belgium/Brazil match was particularly thrilling. Even though I was rooting for Belgium, I respect Brazil's effort. They did NOT give in a bit and came awfully close to equalizing late.

Tomorrow!!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2018, 11:28:28 pm »
Had Neymar spent as much time playing football as he did play-acting, Brazil may well have won. His reputation had preceded him into this match and the ref was having none of it. By the time he decided to focus on playing football, despite Belgium tiring, it was too late.

Fair play is coming out on top. :thumbsup:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2018, 05:24:20 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS.
Now we want to see the 3 Lions bring homr the Cup.
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2018, 08:11:41 pm »
The lads got the job done, but I never feel I can relax enough to watch them as they casually knock the ball about between each other. For some reason I always have a feeling of impending doom :uneasy:

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2018, 10:12:33 pm »
The lads got the job done, but I never feel I can relax enough to watch them as they casually knock the ball about between each other. For some reason I always have a feeling of impending doom :uneasy:

That'll be next time round v Croatia  ;)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2018, 10:27:44 pm »
Personally i would have preferred to meet Russia as Croatia are far more unorthodox. If, and it's a big 'if', England reach the final against France and beat them, I wouldn't want to be in Chris Froome's shoes in the Tour de France :no: :worried:

Online Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2018, 10:34:05 pm »
Personally i would have preferred to meet Russia as Croatia are far more unorthodox. If, and it's a big 'if', England reach the final against France and beat them, I wouldn't want to be in Chris Froome's shoes in the Tour de France :no: :worried:

Kenya didn't qualify for the world cup.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2018, 10:36:36 pm »

Kenya didn't qualify for the world cup.

Try telling that to the French

Offline bridgiesimon

• N Gauge Society Number: 12318
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2018, 10:37:58 pm »
That is assuming France beat Belgium, not a pushover team!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here