!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A japanese exibition layout ( Climb to KURAMA )  (Read 1843 times)

Offline kelstonlad

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: A japanese exibition layout ( Climb to KURAMA )
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2018, 02:11:15 pm »
please, please, please, confirm that it came with a pair of white gloves!

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2018, 02:32:32 pm »
please, please, please, confirm that it came with a pair of white gloves!

Unfortunately not ..  :smiley-laughing:   :laugh: you need to purchase it in spare if you want to have THE CLASS, lol !
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2018, 10:45:27 pm »
TO-TA-LY CRAZZY BUY !!   :dunce: :o :laugh3:

And that was me thinking my KATO controller was cool... :D
Nice piece of equipment, Jef.

All best,
Michael

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2018, 12:49:53 pm »
  Hey guys !!  :D

I'm starting to lay the peco track today !   :bounce: I also have removed the upper stage to get a better access to lay track on the lower level.

I have started with the crossing witch is a beast to wire and command all the acces to differrent tracks of the layout .... 8 frogs to be juiced !  :goggleeyes:

Lots of work, but no troubles ... because that switch is a pure beauty  :  :heart2:

Some job underneath too, because you need four motors very close to each others to power that awesome point : Some tricks have been deployed ( Cutting supports of tortoise because frame is to close, 10mm plywood socket to keep the wires going smooth underneath the motors, Ect ...)

And a little Preview ... track have been laid banked in curves ! ! ! A little bit tricky to do but i think it looks far better.  :angel:

More to come stay tuned ... I'm closed to the first run on the lower level, Banzai !   :thumbsup:

Best regards.

JEF
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2018, 01:55:43 pm »
Banzai indeed, Jef. The superelevated track bends look excellent, so we need to see some video footage of trains passing round them when you're ready :D ;)

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2018, 03:35:49 pm »
Banzai indeed, Jef. The superelevated track bends look excellent, so we need to see some video footage of trains passing round them when you're ready :D ;)

Video footage you need so ... video footage you will get ! Maybe the first test run that will come  soon for the grand opening of my all new video channel dedicated to the Kurama Layout.  :beers:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 03:37:36 pm by Bubule »
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2018, 07:24:30 am »

Now it's time to lay tracks on the lower level. :D

Like you can see, my method use very precise, frail and subtle tools. You cant do N scale without a nice collection of hammers, it's my favorite tool, very usefull  :dunce:

So, i curved my rails, metal joiners are welded. I also weld the feeder wires underneath the rail for a better discretion.The banking wedges are made with some .030 by .060 styren strips shape to the curve in my fingers ( this strips have enought shape rebembering to do that way) and they are sticked when applying some wood glue on the depron to attach the track. I lay the tracks on the glue and wegdes. All that mess is heavily pressed during 6 hours since the glue dries to a correct mechanical resitance. I adjust the rails with care, with a dremel cutting disc. The quality of your adjustments is Absolutely the major point to care if you want reliable and smooth running.

Also have done some little wirings underneath the layout to juice some frogs for the first Test run :

And now ... IT IS THE DAY ! The great moment of the first run is arrived ! ! So here is my first video on my all new channel dedicated to the Kurama build. You  can gave some Thumbs and suscribe, it is not forbiden you know  :P... And hightly apreciated by the owner !  :-[ It's a vid in HD, so you can watch it on You tube in full screen, eventought the ligth was not good tomorow when doing that first rushes.

And finaly notice that my english is so poor ... please forgive me !  I'm french and all froggies speaks english like spanish cows ... You cant figth against genetic !  :laugh:

So take care folks, And see you soon.  :thumbsup:

Best regards.

Jef
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2018, 07:35:48 am »
Great Jef,  :thankyousign:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2018, 08:04:32 am »
Bonjour Jef,

Really great stuff  :thumbsup:. Such neat construction and smooth running. Am very jealous.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Ps I haven't heard the speaking like a Spanish cow expression in a long, long time. Brings back good memories of some French guys who were at my college. Thank you.

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2018, 08:35:33 am »
A nice job well done. And thanks for the video.

PS: I think you speak better English than a good part of us speak French. At least my French is rather rusty. Needs some serious polishing  :)
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Offline kelstonlad

• Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2018, 11:14:39 am »
Merveilleux!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2018, 12:34:17 pm »
Excellent, Jef :claphappy: I think you must be very pleased with your first run of the train

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2018, 06:52:31 am »

Thanks all again for your reactions ! :beers: It is very usefull for me. And special thanks for the new suscribers of Utube Kurama Terminus Channel !

:thankyousign:

Excellent, Jef :claphappy: I think you must be very pleased with your first run of the train

For sure i am full of happyness !!  :claphappy: It's always a great feel to run the first trains on a all new layout. Furthermore with this japanese train from kato and modemo that are so cute and run so smooth. It also an important landmark in the build because it is validating all technicals choises :  carpentry, trackwork and electrical work.  ;D

It is also marking the launch of the more artistic part of hobby. In my case i have laid 2/3 of the tracks. Before going futher in the track laying, i need to install the protection against rolling stock falls in the hiden parts of the layout witch will not be easy to acces when the upper level will be definitely fixed.

I also need to install the bridge. That stape will need lots more work, because i need to create the scenery underneath the viaduct before attaching it. If i dont do that, it will be very risky to do neat job on that scenery after that, without damaging the brigge itself. Bridge scene are nice spots in layouts, but they are alway more complex scenes to made.

When the ground level under the bridge will be ok, i need to build the poles of the bridge at the correct higth (i have prepared a jig to keep the correct geometry of them) and i need to finish the upper part of bridge. The last stape but not least will be the painting job before the final installation.

This done i will be able to attach the upper level and lay the last S curves and the Kurama terminus station and finish the electricity.

Stay tuned i have good hope to enter in the interesting part of the build soon.

Best regards.

Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2018, 05:46:05 pm »

Hey guys !  :D

Before disassembling the power supply and returning to work i have made some adjustements on the switch motors and tracks.

These test have been an occasion to test all my keifuku "raden" Mobos roster. So here is a video to show  you these cute engines running so smooth :heart2:

Best regards  !

Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2018, 08:22:01 pm »
The Mobos look very smooth runners, Jef.
Can you understand what the poor Japanese lady trapped in your controller is saying?

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here