!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Burngullow & The Blackpool Clay Dries  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Only Me

• Reader Of The Manual
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Creator of Minature Masterpieces
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
Re: Burngullow & The Blackpool Clay Dries
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 09:08:15 am »
Hi all, some positive movement on the layout, all connected together now and four working boards.  Need to add one more cross board dropper set for the UP FY to work correctly as missed a few wires off...With that in mind I've added the layout to Train Controller at present (itrain to follow!) for testing the block detection, pleased to say that it happily couples and uncouples automatically by computer control now.

Pictures showing magnet tests.. settled for the flush look one with some added ballast to try and resemble sleepers which I've cut away to mount the Dapol Easi Shunt magnet flush with the track, once its all painted weathered and scenery added it will be difficult to tell where they are...

This picture shows the wagon space in the fiddle yards...

A couple of videos showing coupling and uncoupling of the wagons.. The shunting will eventually be carried out by a pair of Hunslets when the N Gauge society finish them

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:30:14 am by Only Me »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 10:46:13 am »
Glad all works OK and encouraging to see slow forward motion over the magnet does not result in uncoupling. (2nd vid)

Online Caz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 08:09:51 pm »
Nice bit of camouflage Paul, great to see you're getting Train Controller to work.  I find the Dapol Easy Shunts really good to work with and providing the train maintains a forward (or even backward) motion they don't uncouple over a magnet, it is only relieving the tension by stopping and reversering that starts the uncouple action.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here