!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Anycubic 3D Resin Printer  (Read 713 times)

Offline acko22

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
Anycubic 3D Resin Printer
« on: May 31, 2018, 12:55:59 am »
Hi All,

I have seen the 3D Printer below:

http://www.anycubic3d.com/products/show/1022.html

Its a resin Printer instead of the older printers Shapeways use / were using and looks a lot more sharper than the older methods, has anyone got one or seen any similar in action?

It's rather tempting and at 400 pounds, its not to expensive against some of the more traditional machines, the one draw back been the cost of the Resin which is 50 pounds a go!! But if it someone knows how hungry they are that could be the deal breaker for me as when I get back to constructing my layout the plan was to 3D print the buildings.

Cheers

Acko

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
Re: Anycubic 3D Resin Printer
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:16:25 am »
I have a smaller footprint printer using the same UV technology which was designed to master jewelry.  The results are stunning and only the resin that is hardened is used the rest is reusable so quite economic.

The only problem is the bed area is not big enough.  For instance if you want a printer that will print a Mk3 coach with the print parallel to a side (not diagonally across)  115mm would need to be 160mm for it to be really useful.  Having said that these prices are tumbling and one of the size I would upgrade to under 350 wont be long.

the resin is a universal price for UV curing printers.

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:10:49 am »
There is an interesting thread in the other place covering the Anycubic printer.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/133638-tests-with-my-new-3d-printer/
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:00 pm »
You need to speak to Steve AKA "Atso" I consider him to be a self taught wizard regarding SLA/resin printers, in fact probably the only person on this forum who will give you the best advice!

Offline acko22

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:19:43 pm »
Thank you Mr Sprue, dually noted and a PM sent  :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:25:57 am by acko22 »

Offline Railwaygun

• N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 03:55:58 pm »
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 08:16:21 pm »
Thank you Mr Spruce, dually noted and a PM sent  :D

Its "Mr Sprue"  ;)

Offline acko22

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 02:26:36 am »
Thank you Mr Spruce, dually noted and a PM sent  :D

Its "Mr Sprue"  ;)

Doh  :doh:

Noted and dually changed

:sorrysign:

Offline jrb

• Aire Valley Railway Modellers' Club
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 07:41:01 am »
After seeing this post (and the linked video) yesterday, I've watched almost every video on YouTube about it. It looks very impressive.

I've been wanting to get a 3D printer for a couple of years now, but the FDM ones that are affordable just can't do decent enough quality. This looks to be the first sub 500 machine that could realistically print N gauge rolling stock and buildings (by that, I mean prints that don't require hours of sanding/correction to get a decent finish).

I've got a project that's been on hold for a couple of months now, waiting for me to place a 200+ order with Shapeways for some prints in FUD. These prints look comparable in quality & finish, if not better, than FUD.

I think I'll be buying one of these instead...

Offline Railwaygun

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 08:04:24 pm »
After seeing this post (and the linked video) yesterday, I've watched almost every video on YouTube about it. It looks very impressive.

I've been wanting to get a 3D printer for a couple of years now, but the FDM ones that are affordable just can't do decent enough quality. This looks to be the first sub 500 machine that could realistically print N gauge rolling stock and buildings (by that, I mean prints that don't require hours of sanding/correction to get a decent finish).

I've got a project that's been on hold for a couple of months now, waiting for me to place a 200+ order with Shapeways for some prints in FUD. These prints look comparable in quality & finish, if not better, than FUD.

have a look at Maurice's Arch Laser models ( Osbornes) to see what his finish is like, and have a chat with him about the printer he is currently using.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=41230.0

Caveat lector

Offline Railwaygun

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 08:05:05 pm »

have a look at Maurice's Arch Laser models ( Osbornes) to see what his finish is like, and have a chat with him about the printer he is currently using.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=41230.0

[/quote]

Caveat lector

Offline Jimmy77

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 10:13:38 am »
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, I've only just seen this.

I've been using the Anycubic Photon for a short while now and once I figured out how to get to grips with it, its been good! It was quite a steep learning curve, and had a few failed prints in the beginning, but I'm now at a point I can set to print and leave alone.

There is a bit of work required post production, but it gives a good result. For me, I have found (through trial and error!) I get the best results by first placing into an IPA solution and move the pieces around to get rid of most of the uncured resin, then place into a secondary IPA solution and let sit, then place into water and let sit. Afterwards I dry off, then place onto a revolving stand under UV lighting for about 8/10 mins, moving the piece over as required.

So far I've been making columns for a terminus station project, so haven't really pushed it too far yet, but I hope to make plenty of different things with it.

Cheers,

Jimmy
My layout in the workshop
Layout

Offline carre55

• N Gauge Society Number: 16257
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 01:14:07 pm »
I have one  quality is amazing but fragile if u drop printed item there are people experimenting with flex resin mixtures so it not long before its solved

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything