!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Brooksdale Country Station  (Read 313 times)

Offline REGP

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19246
    • Awards
Brooksdale Country Station
« on: May 21, 2018, 11:37:58 pm »
Iím having to change the design of my high level Branch Line Station as a through station rather than a terminus as I donít have as much room as I anticipated.

Does the following revised plan look at all realistic?

Anyl observations and suggestions welcome.

Ray

Moderator Comment I've extracted the image from the pdf so people can immediately see your image
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:56:27 pm by Caz, Reason: Image extracted from pdf »

Offline PLD

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
Re: Brooksdale Country Station
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 07:48:44 am »
An intermediate through station on a branchline is very unlikely to have an Engine Shed. Also very awkward to shunt with sidings in both directions, and where a siding is a kick-back off another (like your good shed line is) it is pointless it being longer than the siding it runs off...

I'd move the goods shed to where the loco shed is and get rid of the goods shed line...

Offline REGP

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19246
    • Awards
Re: Brooksdale Country Station
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:03:20 pm »
Thanks @PLD

It didnít look right but I couldnt work out why, so,itís back to the drawing board now.

Ray

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here