A general thank you to some inspirational members

Started by Papyrus, May 16, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

I just wanted to say that there is a profusion of inspirational layouts being built at the moment - just look down the menu of recent posts and at least half seem to be construction projects. I'm trying to keep up with at least a dozen threads on a wide variety of interesting and unusual layouts and there is a wealth of excellent modelling going on.

There are two sides to this of course... It means I am spending far too much time on this forum and not enough on my own layout which seems quite run-of-the-mill by comparison! But thank you all, and keep posting!

Cheers,

Chris

njee20

Conversely I'm not actively following any of the layout threads which are regularly updated! There is certainly some stunning modelling, but it all falls outside my areas of interest. Such is the diversity of our hobby!

Papyrus

Many of them fall outside my area of interest too, but good modelling is universal. I'm following layouts set in funny furrin lands, as well as ones featuring locos without chimneys - the principles don't change!!

Cheers,

Chris

Train Waiting

Quote from: Papyrus on May 16, 2018, 04:55:33 PM
Many of them fall outside my area of interest too, but good modelling is universal. I'm following layouts set in funny furrin lands, as well as ones featuring locos without chimneys - the principles don't change!!

Cheers,

Chris

I agree completely, Chris.  I always like to read about railway modelling with eras/locations and scales/gauges that are not my own present interests.  It's amazing what one can learn.  I have not been successful (yet) in my attempts to take much of an interest in other kinds of modelling but I'll keep trying.

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations