!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Help needed in identifying JNR rolling stock  (Read 562 times)

Offline themadhippy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Help needed in identifying JNR rolling stock
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 01:22:40 pm »
but Bealette who lives here has turned up and suggested the aquarium
you sure its not the local fresh fish restaurant?

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 02:46:33 pm »
  :laughabovepost:

I really am in Japan and enjoying the new experience, but I basically hijacked the original post, so let's return to the subject of the models.
 :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 10:25:03 am »
@railsquid
Having been doing a bit of searching, there appears to be two variants of the Series 12, a 'Series 12', which is what I have, (the link you provided), and a 'Series 12 East'
http://www.katomodels.com/n/12kei_jre/
which has three main differences that I can see, a) there is no silver line on the doors, b) the door frame is different on the end of the carriage on the 'East' variant and c) 'JR' is only printed on the side of the 'East' version.
As an aside, I found the 'Series 12' on Train Trax - the 'East' version!

The "East" variant will be post-1987, when the former Japanese National Railways (JNR) was split into 6 regional "Japan Railways" companies, JR East being the company which took over the Tokyo area and points north/east on the main island of Honshu.

Just as a general background, these coaches were introduced in the 1970s to replace ageing pre/post-war coach designs, though by then loco-hauled passenger trains were disappearing much faster than elsewhere (pretty much non-existent now). The 12 series, being relatively new, are still knocking around on various (mainly steam-hauled) excursion trains.

:hellosign: Didn't want to hijack the thread but must say a big  :thankyousign:
to Railsquid for the information on the 12 series coaches. I have a rake of 6 given as a present last year, but only Just checked them out
    regards Derek.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
October Donations

Advertise Here