!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Instruction Leaflets  (Read 245 times)

Online Bramshot

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Dapol Instruction Leaflets
« on: May 09, 2018, 05:34:16 pm »
Having bought two A4s in the last two weeks, from the same retailer, both of current catalogue models, one valanced, one unvalanced I have noticed that the instruction leaflets that come with them are very different. Not particularly because the models are different, but in terms of the infomation given in them. The one for the valanced loco has much useful information about lubrication, maintainance interval, running in. The one for the unvalanced one (with more moving parts) has none of that.
I wonder why that should be? I know which one I am going to follow, but what about a novice purchaser, I wonder how they would get on.

Offline CaleyDave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Instruction Leaflets
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 08:09:35 pm »
The Valanced A4 Model is much newer than the unvalanced A4 having appeared only relatively recently.

I assume (not owning the Valaced example) That Dapol have improved the Manual and that your Unvalaced A4 is new old stock.
Alternatively My understanding it there are differences with the running gear between models so it could be the case that they are significant enough that the manual hasnt been rewritten yet.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything