!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Class 42 suspect fault  (Read 229 times)

Offline TrevL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
Class 42 suspect fault
« on: April 27, 2018, 08:38:19 pm »
As a relative newcomer to sound, I only have two loco's sound equipped.
First is an off the shelf Farish Class 108 DMU.  Which is great!
Second is a Farish Class 42 "Cockade", which I have had professionally converted just before Christmas.
I tried it out initially, but only for a few minutes, and all was hunky dory, but it's been in it's box since, up to this week. 
Now when I run it, it sounds great, for a few minutes, but then it starts to fade out.  The sound hasn't gone completely, it's just very very quiet.  If I stick my ear right next to it when it's stood still, I can just about hear the engine sound, and horn is a tiny bit louder.  When it's running round the track, it sounds just like a none sound fitted loco. If I hit the emergency stop, and then "reboot it", you get all the sounds again, but they fade out to being inaudible again.
Any ideas folks? or am I looking at sending it back to where I got it converted?  TIA.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Offline Caz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Class 42 suspect fault
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 08:41:15 pm »
Check the decoder spec sheet as some decoders (especially Zimo) have volume buttons which can be assigned to functions, often 20 and 21 or 27 & 28 but could be any other combination and maybe one of those buttons is a bit sticky on your control and turning the volume down with you realising it.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything