!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: N scale micro layouts  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Bigj

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: N scale micro layouts
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 04:50:46 pm »
I have started to look at buildings/structures  so was wondering if any British industrial kits could be modified to look American. Any idea folks?

Bigj

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 08:00:16 pm »
I have started to look at buildings/structures  so was wondering if any British industrial kits could be modified to look American. Any idea folks?

Bigj

Not really because of scale, not just the ratio of British N to US N but also the actual scale of buildings. An American factory is likely to be somewhat larger than a British one.
Have a look on ebay for DPM kits, they are usually easy to come by, not too expensive and, with a little skill, can be kit bashed

Offline JanW

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »

Osborns Models have quite a lot of American buildings, you could take a look there.
Usual disclaimer: no other connection than a satisfied customer  :)

Jan

Offline PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2018, 09:11:32 am »

Bigj

It normally works the other way round; I look for American kits to use on UK layouts.  Wathers produce quite a few; Red Wing Milling, Northern Light and Power, Geo Roberts printing, Vulcan Engineering, Glacier gravel,etc...,and then there are Pikestuff "sheds"  ..some of these have ended up on Deansmoor, Lofthole and Horseblock Lane

The only problem is they appear on many US outline layouts so some "bashing" might be recommended.

Alternatively, some continental industrial buidings from the usual suspects; could look somewhat American.

Cheers Jon  :)

The only
“We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline portland-docks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22291
  • give me a black 5 anyday!
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Moorside Valley Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2018, 09:53:23 pm »
iv got 2 6x2 boards which i want to put together to make a 12x2 switching layout, but i want to use a walthers kit or two for warehouses etc. anyone got pics of something similar?
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2018, 09:08:03 am »
There may be something in my North American layouts album which may provide some ideas. Can't tell you what is Walthers and what isn't, though..............

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1221;u=264;sortby=date;orderby=desc;start=0

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
September Donations

Advertise Here