!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Fault Finding from first principles  (Read 1103 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Fault Finding from first principles
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 11:13:53 pm »
 :laughabovepost: ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 06:57:24 am »
:thankyousign:
This is a very thorough document Laurence which I'm sure will help many to demystify their modelling electrics...... great work.
As a retired technical training designer, I applaud the level at which you have pitched the detail and targeted it to the "average" modeller.

However, those who still find it too complicated may find this flowchart could suffice

There does seem to be an infinite loop in your flow chart, Dave.  One of these days I will dig out my economic bar flow chart, not that it's anything to do with model railways or electrics. 

But thaks for the flow chart suggestion.  I had thought about it, but thought it would be too difficult to create on the forum in a useful format.  If I create a PDF I should be able to sumarise the whole process in a flow chart.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline DaveGlew

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 07:36:12 am »
There does seem to be an infinite loop in your flow chart, Dave.  One of these days I will dig out my economic bar flow chart, not that it's anything to do with model railways or electrics. 

But thanks for the flow chart suggestion.  I had thought about it, but thought it would be too difficult to create on the forum in a useful format.  If I create a PDF I should be able to sumarise the whole process in a flow chart.

Ha ha... You're quite Lawrence, infinite loops are technically a no no. Also, that key element of "go for a cup of tea" is missing.
Joking aside, however, you are creating a great guide......move over Cyril Freezer  :claphappy:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:38:02 am by DaveGlew »
If it looks right, it probably is right.

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 04:00:52 pm »
Thanks once again, Laurence. You are moving into "over my head" territory here, but the sequence of checks is obviously very logical, so if ever I should need it, I'm sure I could follow what you say and come up with a solution.

Great stuff.

Cheers,

Chris
Sometimes I sits and thinks. Sometimes I just sits.

Offline GreyWolf

• N Gauge Society Number: 27321
  • Wolves are sociable, but may bite if irritated!
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2018, 09:12:05 pm »
"I hope to be able to write another section on DCC specific issues at some time in the near future."

Looking forward to that too Laurence, as I'll probably need that if I ever get the track finished!

Cheers  :beers:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here