!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Diesel Railcar Simulator.  (Read 450 times)

Offline BoxTunnel

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Diesel Railcar Simulator.
« on: March 30, 2018, 09:47:43 am »
I couldn't find a "Games" subforum so I'll post it here, mods please feel free to show me the error of my ways!

I have just spent a very enjoyable hour driving a class 112 DMU in the early access version of "Diesel Railcar Simulator". 

I had bought one of the "big" train simulators, but after a couple of hours of trying to get it to run on my pretty high-spec gaming PC I requested and received a full refund from Steam.

Whilst surfing Youtube I discovered a demo of Diesel Railcar Simulator and took a punt for eleven pounds something.  So far I love it.  I have no idea how accurate the trains are and they certainly don't have any licenses from real railway companies but it is great fun to play.  It is early access so there are a few bugs to fix, the graphics could be improved and it's set in a fictional GB, but as an intro to train sims for eleven and a bit quid I think it's brilliant. The developers seem to have grand plans for it.  Also, having looked into the "big" train sims, it seems that the cost of being able to drive a steam locomotive through GWR country is slightly more than finding, buying and restoring a King class loco, so I'll settle for some diesel action!

Graham, astoundingly always on time (according to the game).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:49:10 am by BoxTunnel »
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Diesel Railcar Simulator.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 10:08:56 am »
Will look out for this. I like Train Simulator myself, surprised you found it wouldn’t run, I run it on a modest laptop with no issues. Frame rate can drop on busy routes - WCML Trent Valley is bad, but turning down some of the settings, noticeably dynamic lighting makes a huge difference.

Steam do sales often enough that most DLC can be picked up for £5 an item or so. 

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
Re: Train / City Simulator - Atrain-8. £2.99
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 06:25:13 pm »
£2.99 for rail / city /transport simulator. worth a punt? (Pc only)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/atrain-8
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:26:53 pm »
I remember playing the original Atrain back in the early 90s. Was alright.

OpenTTD is better, and free.

Offline BoxTunnel

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 12:21:06 am »
Will look out for this. I like Train Simulator myself, surprised you found it wouldn’t run, I run it on a modest laptop with no issues. Frame rate can drop on busy routes - WCML Trent Valley is bad, but turning down some of the settings, noticeably dynamic lighting makes a huge difference.

Steam do sales often enough that most DLC can be picked up for £5 an item or so.

Seems I got my wires crossed, I actually purchased Train Sim World:CSX Heavy Haul, which I had problems with.  I have since bought Train Simulator 2018 and am having great fun with it.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:00:16 am »
Ah yes, have heard that of TSW. Glad you resolved it.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here