!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Network South East Paints - Acrylic Versions  (Read 278 times)

Offline amsie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Network South East Paints - Acrylic Versions
« on: March 15, 2018, 02:30:58 pm »
Doe's anyone know of acrylic versions or close matches to the NSE Paints?  NSE Grey, Red, Dark Blue?

I have them all in Enamel but want to try and move to acrylic painting but Railmatch don't have acrylic versions of those.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
Re: Network South East Paints - Acrylic Versions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 09:09:45 pm »
Hi Paul

Not seen the NSE paints in acrylic, I'm afraid. It's possible there may be a good match in the Humbrol or Revell range but couldn't say for sure.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Online Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+29)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 09:57:29 am »
I don't know of any either I'm afraid.  Perhaps ask on one of the NSE groups on Facebook? 

I'd love to know about what car paints are NSE colours, so I can use some rattle cans on my 5" gauge Class 33.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:07:23 am »
 :laughabovepost:

Can't wait to see that, boss!

What's wrong with Humbrol enamels, by the way? I've tried using acrylics, and to be honest, hate them.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 10:27:16 am »
:laughabovepost:

Can't wait to see that, boss!

What's wrong with Humbrol enamels, by the way? I've tried using acrylics, and to be honest, hate them.  :thumbsup:

I can't help with acrylic paint matches I'm afraid but do agree with the question of what is wrong with enamels (in general). I find that acrylics are great for use in an airbrush, with fantastic drying times (allowing multiple coats/colours to be applied quickly) but not so great for brush work. Also, once dry, I think that enamels have a more durable finish; although this can be sorted out by using an enamel varnish as the final coat (having left the model for several days to dry out completely).

Going back to paint matches, I have searched for many years for an acrylic that is a good match for either Doncaster or Darlington apple green. I'm not a fan of Railmatch's version (either in acrylic or enamel) in terms of colour and found the acrylic version one of the most difficult paints so far to apply with an airbrush. I've since standardised on Precision Paints (great range of paints - just a satisfied customer) for this colour and accepted that I'll have to allow more time for each coating to dry.

Offline amsie

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 01:05:40 pm »
Nothing wrong with Enamels.  Only that I have to airbrush out in the garage due to the smell of enamels.  I've never got on with acrylic airbrushing but wanted to give it another go plus enamels take ages to dry out before applying the next coat.  I usually leave a day or two between coats but it just means a unit takes over a week to spray.

I too find precision spot on with their colours and that's the bulk of my enamel paint collection.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:07:27 pm by amsie »

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything