!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Lenz Silver Mini - Light function not working  (Read 137 times)

Offline Miek

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Lenz Silver Mini - Light function not working
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:59:19 pm »
Hi

I have a Lenz silver mini. The chip works and the loco can be controlled by it, but when I turn the lights on using F0 they come on for tiny length of time and then they go out. If you then press F0 to turn the light function off (the lights are already off at this stage) then again to turn them on, they do the same.

The lights on the model work with another decoder.

This silver mini also does this to the lights in another loco.

I have adjusted CV55 and CV56 but it dosent seem to have any effect. And I have reset the chip, but the lights are the same.

The motor works and it is a smoother drive compared to a Lenz0511 chip - but at least the 511 works fully. Is it time for the bin for the Silver Mini? :o

Has anyone had similar issues?

Offline Vonzack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20933
    • Awards
Re: Lenz Silver Mini - Light function not working
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:31:18 am »
Hi Miek,

How long do the lights stay on for?

Do they go off if you don't move the loco?

Do they go off if there's been a short on the layout?

Cheers, Mark.

Offline Miek

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Lenz Silver Mini - Light function not working
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 08:28:53 am »
Hi, The lights were coming on once but then immediatly going out. When I went to check it before replying to this post - it wasn't doing that - it was back to normal!

Sometimes it seems very inconsistant. Last night the controller kept flashing and no amount of pressing any buttons would stop it. The only way was to switch it off at the wall and switch it on again :confusedsign:

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here