!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Trémargat St. Croix (a small Brittany fishing harbour)  (Read 8272 times)

Online weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Trémargat St. Croix (a small Brittany fishing harbour)
« Reply #315 on: November 05, 2018, 06:47:58 pm »
Hi Martin,

Glad you are back on track. Anyway, think you all got the gist of those pics. Hopefully I can get back to normal service with the phone camera soon.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: November 05, 2018, 07:19:06 pm »
Hi again

This is the link you posted.

{http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/gallery/71/735-051118173926.jpeg}

I have inserted curly brackets because, otherwise, the system turns it into a direct link to the file.

First, click on the 'Quote' icon above this post and then copy the link I have just posted (deleting the curley brackets).  Paste it into your reply.  Then use the left mouse button to click on the link you have just pasted three times in rapid succession.  The whole link should now be highlighted.  Then click on the binoculars icon above the smiley faces (second row, left-hand icon).  You should now see [img][/img] either side of your link.  If you click on the preview button below your post, the picture should appear in the review pane.  You can centre it by clicking on the link three times again and then clicking the 'centre text' icon (top row, seventh from the left).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 07:25:44 pm by Innovationgame »
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline maridunian

• Awards
« Reply #317 on: November 05, 2018, 07:55:25 pm »
Hi Mike,

Have flipped one of the pics in the Gallery but when I go to post it goes to 'my pictures' on my computer which is the way I do it and that pic has not been flipped. Sorry to be a pain but any more info very much appreciated.

Thank you weave  :beers:

If you're rotating an image that's already in the Gallery, don't click the Upload Picture/Choose File field. Just type in the angle - 180 - then Save - it should just twizzle the existing one you've chosen to Edit.

Mike
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:53:18 pm by maridunian »

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2018, 07:07:40 pm »
Chris
Can you give me an idea as to when the sausage and cider festival will be taking place?
Is it in the next week or so or later?
I have assembled the train containing the sausages and cider from the Trepol Bay area (which will travel to Tremargat via West Porthsea - maybe connecting with other trains from UK?) but I don’t want to photograph it leaving too early.
Chris (IP) are any other trains or single wagons/coaches coming from Cant Cove or even further afield ?
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2018, 07:26:46 pm »
Hi, Martin, Chris (Weave),

That's a very nice idea. The festival is mid-November 1962? An orange container (North Cornwall Pasty Co.) and an apple green container (Sam's Cider) both on Conflats would be good additions or, at least a green (Sam's Cider, from Smerset) one. BR containers on Conflats would be best for the sausages (White insulated) and cider (BR Brown) from Trepol Bay but as Chris (Weave) does not have those particular containers, maybe a BR brown one?, you'll have to use vans, claim a shortage of containers (quite realistic, BR never had enough) and have a BTP officer on West Porthsea Quay to check that the dockers don't 'mislay' any of the contents when the vans' contents are loaded on board the ferry!

Next year, I'll have the NGS Kit small BR Containers made up and spraypainted in our PO liveries.

If you use your Class 33 (ETH fitted) a Wagon Lits coach (I think we all have a LIMA Blue CIWL Voiture Salon 4162) coupled behind can take the Chelsea Girls plus beaux. You can have your Queen Mary brake van at the end of the train.

One of my Class 33s can work the LIMA Blue CIWL Voiture Salon 4162 from Cant Cove to Wadebridge attached to a local 2-coach BR SR train from Penmayne to Wadebridge.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:55:31 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2018, 07:43:59 pm »
Thanks Chris (IP).
Ok, if you can (early next week) photograph the Voiture Salon leaving Cant Cove bound for Wadebridge, I will take a photograph of it arriving at Trepol Bay perhaps along with a Sam’s Cider container and orange NC Pasty Co container.
We’ll arrange for the pasties and cider to be transferred to other vans at Trepol Bay.
Chris (Weave) do you have a  Siphon van?  If not, I’ll use generic bauxite ventilated vans.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2018, 09:01:36 pm »
Thanks Chris (IP).
Ok, if you can (early next week) photograph the Voiture Salon leaving Cant Cove bound for Wadebridge, I will take a photograph of it arriving at Trepol Bay perhaps along with a Sam’s Cider container and orange NC Pasty Co container.
We’ll arrange for the pasties and cider to be transferred to other vans at Trepol Bay.
Chris (Weave) do you have a  Siphon van?  If not, I’ll use generic bauxite ventilated vans.

Thanks, Martin. If you can't find those two spraypainted Peco containers, I can use the vans, instead. It should be sunny, tomorrow, so I hope to take some photos., then.

Chris (Weave), Martin is referring to your (presumed) Lima Siphon G "PALETHORPES SAUSAGES" bogie van, I think?

Martin, my Graham Farish 374-886 BR Crimson & Cream LMS 50ft FULL BRAKE COACH M31319M has arrived so that can now work 'through' to Trepol Bay (and Port Perran), too.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2018, 09:04:17 pm »
Thanks Chris (IP).

Thanks, Martin. If you can't find those two spraypainted Peco containers, I can use the vans, instead. It should be sunny, tomorrow, so I hope to take some photos., then.

Chris (Weave), Martin is referring to your (presumed) Lima Siphon G "PALETHORPES SAUSAGES" bogie van, I think?

Martin, my Graham Farish 374-886 BR Crimson & Cream LMS 50ft FULL BRAKE COACH M31319M has arrived so that can now work 'through' to Trepol Bay (and Port Perran), too.
Actually (both Chris’s) I was referring to a plain Siphon not a palethorpe’s one.
Chris (Weave) if you haven’t got one (other than Palethorpes) I’ll use a ventilated box van instead.
Chris (IP) yes, I do have the containers so use them.
Martin

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2018, 09:32:56 pm »
OK, thanks, Martin. I think I can find all those quite quickly, tomorrow.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #324 on: November 06, 2018, 10:39:07 pm »
Hi Martin and Chris (IP),

Sorry no reply but was extending the harbour wall as we have people tomorrow and it has to be moved from the kitchen in the morn.

I mainly have containers from the UK but can't remember which ones and can't go upstairs now as the dogs will wake the missus but will let you both know ASAP. Pretty sure I've got a Sam's Cider, a Castle Estates, a Castle Brewery and a Headland Brewery one. I also have some wagons from the Castle Estates and Castle Brewery. There are timber wagons too but not really appropriate.

Yes the Siphon wagon is the Palethorpes one. I have quite a few SNCF wagons of old so any other cider can be transported in them. I have an earlier STEF refrigeration van so that could have come over on the ferry and stuff sorted at Porthsea Quay.

Apparently, the 17th November in 1962 was a Saturday as is this year so let's go for that. I just hope I can sort out our camera phone by then and also do a bit more stickin' and a paintin'.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #325 on: November 06, 2018, 10:47:38 pm »
Hi again,

Meant to ask, if you stick little people down with Copydex glue will they come up again without damage to themselves or the surface or is there a better method? Silly question but hadn't really thought about it. I don't have too many people but thought that at least a few should turn up  :).

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: November 06, 2018, 10:56:59 pm »
I’ve never used Copydex so not sure but I imagine they would come up fine and the glue would peel off easily.
Might be better, if it’s only temporary, to use a tiny bit of blu tak or , if you have some, some Tacky Wax.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: November 07, 2018, 06:45:40 am »
Hi again,

Meant to ask, if you stick little people down with Copydex glue will they come up again without damage to themselves or the surface or is there a better method? Silly question but hadn't really thought about it. I don't have too many people but thought that at least a few should turn up  :).

Tacky Wax works really well.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #328 on: November 07, 2018, 10:51:02 am »
I've located and photographed all the models in the early morning sun and I'll post the pictures, of two trains, on my Cant Cove thread, later, today.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #329 on: November 07, 2018, 05:26:20 pm »
The photos. are now up, on my Cant Cove thread, of the special rail ferry goods train, including a single blue CIWL Voiture Salon 4162. They show, behind D6577, the CIWL Voiture Salon followed by a BR Ferry, Open Wagon, in BR Bauxite, no. B715010, two BR Conflats with a "North Cornwall Pasty Co." and a "Sam's Cider" BD container, a "Palethorpes Royal Cambridge" sausages Siphon G, and a BR Standard Goods Brake Van (GBV) on their way from Cant Cove to Wadebridge. From Wadebridge, another BRC&W Co. diesel, D6571, has been booked to take the train forward all the way to West Porthsea to keep train crew route and traction knowledge up-to-date.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:31:06 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything