!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Alexandra Palace - Festival of Railway modelling 24/25 March  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
Re: Alexandra Palace - Festival of Railway modelling 24/25 March
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 12:17:54 pm »
Its the top of the big hall.  Im surprised no advanced plan released.

Offline dannyboy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 09:33:02 pm »
Warners Exhibition site shows a plan, which, strictly speaking, is for traders -

http://www.warners-shows.co.uk/indoor-shows/the-london-festival-of-railway-modelling/the-london-festival-of-railway-modelling-trade-plan/

Addit: Just had a closer look at the plan, (I put my specs on  :)) and the plan is not a lot of use unless you know on which stand a particular trader will be - or you are an exhibitor of a layout!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 09:38:37 pm by dannyboy, Reason: More info\' »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline Snowwolflair

• N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 09:48:56 pm »
Looks like their Sponsors and selling space layout, based on last year.

Offline Mirrlees

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17765
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:30 am »
The NGS Display Stand will be on Stand 94B in the Main Hall. Please come and say hi.

Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »
Can I just mention that people coming from the Marylebone direction need to be aware that Circle Line and Hammersmith and City Line are closed this weekend. I had checked my journey on National Rail Enquiries this morning and it wasn't flagged. I didn't discover until I got to Baker Street to find gates to these lines shut and a notice to that effect on them (the sign at Marylebone was tucked to one side and not very prominent as I later discovered). There are buses that can apparently be taken to Moorgate to get the GN out to the venue, but I was caught totally unprepared so turned back disappointed and frustrated.

I wouldn't want anyone else to be put in the same position, so do check and plan an alternative route in advance if you are coming from that direction.

Roy

Offline snitchthebudgie

• 2mm Association Number: 4489
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 05:55:33 pm »
Back from the show.  A worthwhile visit, as ever, though I think that there seem to be more open spaces and less layouts each year. But there were a number of inspirational layouts, especially if you didn't worry about guage and prototype.

The NGF team photograph will appear soon, I hope (I didn't take it.)  However, the NGF site seems very slow this afternoon - could it be that so many people are logged in reporting seeing Bob Tidbury awake?  :D

Not sure about the shopping, and bargains.  There didn't seem to be that much, though I came home with a Dapol Britannia and a few wagons and a few bits off BH.  But no doubt everyone else found amazing bargains everywhere....

Offline Portpatrick

• N Gauge Society Number: 3434
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 06:32:34 pm »
Agreed it would be rude not  to have a Brit at 60

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 08:18:52 pm »
Hi guys it was nice to meet you all today and you can all prove to Mirlees. that I was awake .
I hope to meet some more members again tomorrow please come along to the B H E stand 166 in the West Hall at about 2 oclock again and we can have another Mug shot if someone brings a camera.,it would be nice if you could wear N G F Badge with your name on it if you can.
Bob Tidbury

Offline B757-236GT

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24585
    • Facebook
    • My blogging blog!
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 09:13:27 pm »
Yes but were Mirrlees and Junior awake?

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 09:55:15 pm »
B757-236GT Mirlees was wandering around but he could have been sleep.walking and you mean senior if your refering to Stuart its me thats three months his junior ,he was awake and telling me about his layout.
Bob Tidbury

Offline Rabbitaway

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 10:00:14 pm »
Back from Ally Pally

Some nice layouts but the number seems to be reducing each, it is an exhibition after all so where are all the layouts?

Bargains were limited to the Dapol stand but even these were not as extensive as previous years, remember the Grange's for 35 last year!. I did pick up a blue 22 for 65 and just tested it and it runs well. Needed some maroon mk1s but paid the usual box shifter price.

I have found Ally Pally disappointing in the years I have attended, last year was one of the better years but this year is back to usual poor mediocre show. I attended as it is an easy trip from home but that is about it.

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2018, 10:10:33 pm »
Yes I agree with you Rabbitaway  its getting to be a toy fair instead of a model railway exhibition I think there is 134 traders and I believe only 40 layouts its definately getting worse ,but this year Ray was quite happy when he cashed up tonight I wouldnt say ecstatic but reasonably happy and we will have to see what tomorrow brings .
Bob Tidbury

Offline Portpatrick

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 10:12:22 pm »
There did seem to be a lot of space, though that is am advantage when it gets crowded.  And there was a reasonable amount of seating for us middle aged + to rest on.  I am adapting to a different medication regime in an attempt to better manage my tremor and at present I tire more quickly.  However apart from the 60 Brit I acquired a Class 68 in Saltire and 2 of the 5 Mk2s I need to apply Adam Warr's relevant coach sides.  I  actually sourced 3 more on EBay this evening.  My disappointment was the limited choice of tools.  Esp from Expo.  I came with a list of 4 items I wanted from him and he only had one.  With no equivalent elsewhere.  however some rather nice layouts.  Good to see the Denny enterprise again.  And to meet a number on the BHE stand.  Journey there took 35 mins.  Journey home over an hour though I took a wrong turning at the roundabout at the top of Muswell Hill and got caught in traffic.  A good day

Offline Rabbitaway

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 10:24:21 pm »
Hope you picked up the mk2s with the clear bodies for the vinyls

I did end up with some of the ones with coloured bodies and window overlays that are no use when I was looking for coaches for my Scotrail sleeper. Kept them anyway as a rake of blue grey

Offline Portpatrick

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2018, 10:36:42 pm »
Fair question.  Yes all the flush ones, not like the early 80s mk 1s with window inlays
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:37:58 pm by Portpatrick »

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here