Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 125x60 and a bit!  (Read 765 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: 125x60 and a bit!
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:46 pm »
Thanks. I seem to remember seeing a photo of a 4f double heading on the S&D but have forgotten where I saw it.

You're right, Brian. The LMS 4F 0-6-0 tender locomotives worked some trains down from Bath—they were commonplace on the Bath to Bristol services.

Freight in the 1960s was largely in the hands of Fowler 4Fs, Stanier 8Fs, Standard 4-6-0s and the S&D 7F 2-8-0s, assisted by Jinty 0-6-0Ts and GW 57XX Pannier Tanks; freight trains were assisted in rear by these locomotives over the Combe Down summit and over Masbury.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:59:01 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated »

Online port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: 125x60 and a bit!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:49 am »
LMS Class 2P 4-4-0s, LMS Fowler Class 3Fs, and, of course, S&DJR 7F 2-8-0s, were all used on the Somerset & Dorset but, not as far as I know, LMS 4Fs but my knowledge of the S&D is far from extensive.
A few 4Fs were built specifically for the S&D and were even numbered into that railay’s own series. So yes,they were sometimes seen South of Bath.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
March Donations

Advertise Here