!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...  (Read 3041 times)

Online weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2018, 05:40:41 pm »
Hi Martin and emjaybee,

Think it might be a different version at the ball game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7uGhoNoN4A

All interesting though.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:50 pm »
Thanks Chris and emjaybee.
Extreme reggae I think.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2018, 11:22:29 pm »
Well last night's Yankees Red Sox game was a bit of a blow out.

I was in Boston at a meeting and was sat in a bar watching the game... I had to bite my lip as the locals had a tremendous amount of fun at my team's expense!!!

And then back to the airport past Fenway Park with an Uber driver telling me how great the Sox are...

Oh well, need a better result tonight!

Offline LASteve

• Awards
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2018, 03:14:34 am »
Good luck, I think C.C. Sabathia was the only player on the Yankees' roster who didn't pitch last night :(

One question though - at what point in a major league game do the managers agree to just finish it? There's no official mercy rule, but when you're leading 15-1 and the other team have run out of pitchers (the backup catcher pitching? Really?!!!) how do you trot over to the other dugout and figure it out? All other sports have a clock, which will eventually run out and end the agony, but with baseball, you have to actually get the outs to finish it.

There must be a sign that says "you throw strikes, I'll tell my guys to swing and miss, and after a couple of innings we can all go home". Right?

My Dodgers are doing just fine though :)

Offline Chetcombe

• YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2018, 04:40:02 am »
  :( :goodbye:

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2018, 10:30:48 am »
Hi Martin and emjaybee,

Think it might be a different version at the ball game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7uGhoNoN4A

All interesting though.

Yeah, don't think it's that one bloke! I've been trying to find a link for one I think it is but I'm struggling.

Well last night's Yankees Red Sox game was a bit of a blow out.

I was in Boston at a meeting and was sat in a bar watching the game... I had to bite my lip as the locals had a tremendous amount of fun at my team's expense!!!

And then back to the airport past Fenway Park with an Uber driver telling me how great the Sox are...

Oh well, need a better result tonight!

:smiley-laughing:

Ooo, tough crowd to be surrounded by! Couldn't have picked a better worse time to be in Boston (from your point of view).
Good luck, I think C.C. Sabathia was the only player on the Yankees' roster who didn't pitch last night :(

One question though - at what point in a major league game do the managers agree to just finish it? There's no official mercy rule, but when you're leading 15-1 and the other team have run out of pitchers (the backup catcher pitching? Really?!!!) how do you trot over to the other dugout and figure it out? All other sports have a clock, which will eventually run out and end the agony, but with baseball, you have to actually get the outs to finish it.

There must be a sign that says "you throw strikes, I'll tell my guys to swing and miss, and after a couple of innings we can all go home". Right?

My Dodgers are doing just fine though :)

On the mercy rule, I don't think the Yankees would have conceded even if they'd been 30 runs down with the batboy pitching. In this postseason situation any impact you can make on the opposing relief pitchers could be vital in the next game, so you'd just keep battling to the bitter (or sweeter from my point of view) end.

Nice to have another contributer to this thread, your a little late in the season, but welcome and I hope you'll stick around until next year as well.

:hellosign:

:( :goodbye:

:laughabovepost:

Sorry bloke. I understand that the RedSox played 'New York, New York' at full blast in the locker room at Yankee stadium just to rub it in.

At this point do Yankees fans switch allegiance to the RedSox, as they're in the same division, the Astro's as they're in the same league, or the National league because they've lost? I know the answer for RedSox fans and I've got an idea about Giants fans, so I'm curious as to how Yankees fans think.

I've got a bit of time to myself this morning, I'm on a train up to Hampton Court to collect a car, hence the long and (for me) comprehensive post.

When did trains become so soulless? I'm surrounded by people who all have laptops out and earphones in!

:laugh3:
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:49 am »
Hi emjaybee,

Not the song but found this which thought was good.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-q2lGbqkZM

I used to live in Weybridge so know that Oxfordshire to Hampton Court will be a bit of a change train pain in the butt.

Saying that you've still got the  M3/M25 on the way home. Should be reasonably OK but the M25 seems to be a nightmare most of the day.

Online emjaybee

• Awards
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2018, 10:13:17 pm »
Hi emjaybee,

Not the song but found this which thought was good.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-q2lGbqkZM

I used to live in Weybridge so know that Oxfordshire to Hampton Court will be a bit of a change train pain in the butt.

Saying that you've still got the  M3/M25 on the way home. Should be reasonably OK but the M25 seems to be a nightmare most of the day.

Hey-hey! Nice one Weave!

Actually the journey is pretty straightforward. Banbury to Marylebone, Bakerloo line to Waterloo, Waterloo to Hampton Court.

Well it would've been straightforward apart from a failed unit on the Bakerloo that left us stranded at Regents Park so had to walk to Warren Street and take the Northern line to Waterloo. Traffic was okay coming home, 1.5hrs to home.

:beers:

Offline Chetcombe

• YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2018, 03:36:17 am »
At this point do Yankees fans switch allegiance to the RedSox, as they're in the same division, the Astro's as they're in the same league, or the National league because they've lost? I know the answer for RedSox fans and I've got an idea about Giants fans, so I'm curious as to how Yankees fans think.

No Yankees fan would ever root for the Red Sox, so one answer is 'anyone but the Red Sox'.

However, I think a lot of Yankees fans (including me) are so conditioned to success that they stop watching until next season!!!

Offline LASteve

• Awards
« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2018, 03:54:59 am »

On the mercy rule, I don't think the Yankees would have conceded even if they'd been 30 runs down with the batboy pitching. In this postseason situation any impact you can make on the opposing relief pitchers could be vital in the next game, so you'd just keep battling to the bitter (or sweeter from my point of view) end.

Nice to have another contributer to this thread, your a little late in the season, but welcome and I hope you'll stick around until next year as well.

:hellosign:

One of my clients is the MLB league office, I asked them the same question today. The unofficial answer was "no ***** way", especially in that particular rivalry. It gives the batters a great chance to improve their stats. He said a player given that instruction would just wallop it over the wall and laugh all the way back to home plate.

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2018, 01:21:25 am »
I'm about to begin watching game 5 of the Red Sox - Astros game. I hope it will be done a lot quicker than last night, but I doubt it as we're likely to see a lot of pitchers. The game last night may have been the best baseball game I've ever seen. Not for the outcome, or for perfect execution, or the umpires' rulings - but for the outstanding defensive play. The hitting was pretty good, too, of course. The defense needs great hitting to highlight the third component of the game! Pitching and hitting get most of the attention, but these two teams both have great field defense, and with everything on the line the effort was outstanding.

Leon

Offline LASteve

• Awards
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2018, 02:41:10 am »
Isn't Minute Maid Park the most soulless ballpark you've ever seen? I stayed in the Marriott opposite a couple of years ago on a forced layover, and even from the outside it looks awful. From the inside, it's even worse.

I'm rooting for a Sox-Dodgers World Series, if only (but not solely!) for reasons of aesthetics.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2018, 09:08:49 am »
CONGRATULATIONS RED SOX!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AlPmGL-4-Q&feature=onebox

I'm in a bit a dilemma as I don't want the Dodgers to win the Pennant but, sort of like Steve, if the Dodgers win, it would make a great World Series and also it means I can be solely behind the Red Sox (Sorry Steve).

All good stuff.

Online emjaybee

• Awards
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2018, 09:38:22 am »
"Houston, you have a problem..."

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I can now finally breathe!

@weave I've been holding my breath for three days, I hadn't dare to post on here for fear of jinxing it!

Well, if the Brewers pull their socks up and power through, then you can suport the Brewers! Here's hoping.

:D

Cripes, I'd forgot we now have a Dodgers contingent on this thread, sorry @LASteve !

It's nice to know that people are keeping an eye on the Postseason even though their interest may be waning somewhat.

I'm looking forward to the next couple of nights to see who the RedSox are going to be up against. I think it'll be a good Series either way.

Go RedSox !

Roll on the World Series.

:foodanddrink:

I'm about to begin watching game 5 of the Red Sox - Astros game. I hope it will be done a lot quicker than last night, but I doubt it as we're likely to see a lot of pitchers. The game last night may have been the best baseball game I've ever seen. Not for the outcome, or for perfect execution, or the umpires' rulings - but for the outstanding defensive play. The hitting was pretty good, too, of course. The defense needs great hitting to highlight the third component of the game! Pitching and hitting get most of the attention, but these two teams both have great field defense, and with everything on the line the effort was outstanding.

Leon

@Leon you are so right about the defensive aspect the RedSox outfield was exceptional this postseason. I do think there is a bit more focus on defensive plays from the pundits these days, which is a good thing as it is often a crucial defensive play that wins a game.

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2018, 04:49:53 pm »
Go Red Sox! Good luck Dodgers and Brewers!

Leon

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything