!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...  (Read 2060 times)

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2018, 10:18:46 pm »
Phewey. Well that was a bit of a heart stopper in places.

Thank the Lord that he finally now prefers a panda over alligators, crocodiles and more importantly marlins.

Also, thank you Lord that it was a good UK time to follow as I probably would have lost a contract tomorrow if been one of the late starters. I mean, 16 innings, come on guys, I could get in real trouble loving this sport.

The dodgy Dodgers next. Interesting.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2018, 10:29:37 pm »
Hello Mr. Chetcombe.

You kept that one quiet  :hmmm:

I think there's only 4 of us on here, how many enemies do you want  :D

Seriously, very jealous. Enjoy the game.

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2018, 10:38:12 pm »
I am pleased the Giants are in town when we are there - I have never seen them live so its another top team to check off. Hopefully the game won't go to 16 innings though!!!

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2018, 11:17:38 pm »
Weave, I think you and I are in the wrong business.

I'm thinking N Gauge Forum Baseball road trip, y'know, now we've somewhere to stay in Colorado.

:whistle:

That was one epic game by the looks of it.

Good luck against the Dodgies. We've got another tough series with the Mariners!

Oddly enough, SWMBO and I are planning a two week trip later this year, and I kid you not...

...Denver to Seattle.

:beers:
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2018, 01:03:33 am »
Every year me and some buddies do an NFL road trip, and this year it's Boston/New England...and sometimes we get lucky and MLB is in town. We're going to take in a Sox-Yankees game on Sept 29th, and I'm hoping they're just as close then as now. The atmosphere at Fenway could be insane if 1st Place is still in doubt.

In other news, MY team is literally the worst team in baseball.  :(
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Offline emjaybee

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2018, 10:01:34 pm »
I was trying to be diplomatic about other members teams, but the stats don't lie.

Orioles are having a dire season and were not even at the all-star break. Just tell everyone that they're having a 'rebuilding' season, that always seems to be the reason teams give. On the up side I love Camden Yards as a ballpark.

Have you been to Fenway before? I've been four times, it's got quite the atmosphere.

:foodanddrink:

Offline scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2018, 02:07:55 am »
It'll be the first time. Very excited! We're taking in a Harvard football game as well. Very, very excited.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2018, 01:25:52 am »
Hi all,

Well, a good end to father's day in the NLW (not that I am one, can't afford continental n gauge and children  :no:, have got 4 dogs though so have got some sort of parental responsibility  :) ).

Everyone lost, we won and didn't get swept by the Demons, sorry Dodgies  :claphappy:.

Ten home games in a row to come so hopefully we can get back on track.

Also pleased the Orioles finally won for scottmitchell74.

Offline emjaybee

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2018, 11:28:56 pm »
Hello fellas!

Sorry I've been a bit absent (minded?), been a bit of a rough couple of weeks (again! I hear you cry).

I have discovered something in the last two weeks...

I CAN fly, but I CAN'T land, just as in the old addage: "Any fool can fly, but it takes an expert to land".

Attempt one: Ladder at 45deg on bungalow roof, base on slip proof ladder mat ("It's fantastic said the salesman" [lying b*****d])

Result one: Ladder base slips, I (still mounted on ladder) slide gracefully down the roof, take out five tiles and a length of gutter and crash onto stone planters.

Conclusion one: Sore palms, tweaked a muscle in my chest.

Attempt two: Five rung step ladder over aforementioned stone planters to repair aforementioned gutter.

Result two: Take two steps down, and step off sideways (ah yes, been using a three rung step ladder for three weeks)... Crash sideways down onto two stone planters, a raised kerb and a gravel drive.

Conclusion two: Two slightly bloody palms, left shin grazed, socking great bruise from left hip to knee, strained most muscles in left arm, pulled something in my chest, badly bruised my nose, left cheek and eye socket and done something nasty to my left hip, which wasn't great before I started.

[Note to self - find new career!]

On top of that, wifes Aunt had a funny turn and it's been all hands on deck sorting that out.

Any-hoo...

Baseball!

I have been keeping an eye on the comings and goings. What was going on the other sunday night? How many games went into extra innings?

Marvellous, can't wait to get my laptop back from repair, I'm missing so many games. I see the Giants are clawing their way back up a little, Weave'll be happy.

The Yankees are slowly catching up on their unplayed games, and {touching wood} are not getting out in front which is quite a relief I can tell you.

I would like to apologise to @scottmitchell74 . A few days ago, the Orioles were NOT the worst team in Baseball, and didn't get a chance to cheer him up by mentioning it, so, sorry.

Still all to play for!

Stick around, we'll have some fun!

All the best,

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2018, 04:29:26 am »
Hi emjaybee,

Sorry to hear of your accidents, sounds nasty. I've had a few ladder accidents in the past but luckily over grass so not so bad.

Did have one bad one where I'd just bought a new petrol hedge cutter and the step ladder fell sideways. In my attempt to save the expensive new hedge cutter, rather than myself, I fell onto the ladder and cracked 3 ribs. Very painful and off work for a month. Bit of a false economy in the end  :doh:

Hope you get better soon and don't lose too much work. Also, hope your wife's Aunt gets better soon as well.

Regarding baseball, the Giants are doing OK. As long as we keep plodding on we should be in with a shout.

My wife, who loves San Francisco, wants us to go again for Fleet Week. It starts 1st October and I think we play the Dodgers, last game, on the 30th September so will try to arrange the flights to take in a game even if it doesn't matter. You never know, there might be more games to play in October  :thumbsup:

Take care and don't go back too early.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2018, 06:49:57 am »
Hello again,

Well we scraped through this morning (UK time). Will watch the highlights when they come on. Have got another one vs Colorado at 9.45 pm today (UK) so can follow on from watching England v Belgium. Watch out liver!  :pint:.

See you're back on top today. That really is an exciting neck and neck race with another clash of the Titans coming up.

Enjoy.

Offline emjaybee

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2018, 11:28:32 am »
Morning Weave,

What's Fleet Week? Sounds nautical.

We're still hoping to do Denver to Seattle in September, hopefully with a game at each end, we'll have to see how that pans out.

The Giants are doing okay bloke, they're holding their own. I wish at times the league's were a bit more balanced. It's great that the RedSox are flying high, but it'd be more interesting if the rest of the teams were of the same ability. I guess that's the problem with having geographically organised league's rather than ability organised leagues (I guess like British Football, Rugby etc.).

Thanks for the sympathy. I haven't actually stopped at all, mortgage to pay etc., just dose up on anti inflammatories and carry on regardless. I know what you mean about the trimmer. When I slid off the roof the first thing I checked was the ladder! When I fell off the steps that was different, I can't believe I didn't break my nose!

Oh well.

Movin' on...

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2018, 12:23:41 pm »
Hi,

Here's a link to Fleet Week....

https://fleetweeksf.org/

We (twice now) normally do the usual San Francisco stuff and regarding Fleet Week just watch the parade of ships and the air shows including the Blue Angels (sort of like the Red Arrows).

Loads of other stuff going on all the time though, music, food and booze. Great Irish pub (proper one, not themed) nearby.

Last time we went, cycling over the Golden Gate bridge with the Blue Angels practising literally just overhead the day before was amazing.

We just love the place. Last time we went, on the Saturday I think, there were Fleet Week events, the Giants were at AT & T, the 49ers were at Candlestick, there was an organised Rave festival nearby and the Dead Kennedy's were playing in town. Bet the police were rather stretched that day  :).

Your trip sounds great. I just hope we can afford ours  :worried:.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2018, 08:20:48 am »
Morning (UK) all,

Well, emjaybee and Chetcombe. 1 - 8 and 11 - 0. Sharing the spoils so far. Great stuff  :thumbsup:.

We're doing good at Arizona and Colorado are keeping the Dodgies at bay. Also the wild card option is getting less and less  :claphappy:.

Hope you both are enjoying it.

Sorry, Scottmitchell74. What can I say except sorry and hope someone in Baltimore is doing something about it.

I see that fans vote for the All Star game line up in July. Is anyone voting?

I've only ever seen one All Star game on TV which was at Dodger stadium and there were 2 Giants players (think it was Tim Lincecum and Pablo Sandoval). Both got booed at every stage. That's just not cricket, especially as they were on the same (NL) side  :no:. Oh well they are a bunch of  :censored: s :)

Keep the beer flowin' and the hot dogs comin'

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:30:33 am by weave »

Offline emjaybee

• Awards
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:55 am »
Morning Weave, Chetcombe, Scottmitchell74 and anyone else poking their heads in,

I managed to make a scene at a party the wife and I were invited to (rare event). The house was right next door to the village hall, which they were using for the loos only, but there was a wi-fi password for the hall. I thought I'd just hook up and see how the RedSox and Yankees started, one on, two on, bases loaded, then just as I got back into their back garden... Grand Slam!!! I realised as two dozen people appeared to be looking at me that my arms were in the air and I appeared to have shouted something. Oops. Quick apology and scuttle off into the dark.

I did watch the end of the game at home, bit of a difference from the previous evening, but then they had Sabathia pitching. Sale was awesome though, just amazing.

I saw that the Giants were doing okay, just keep slogging away.

It always amazes me the number of games thay play in a season, makes the FA players look like lightweights.  ;D

I haven't voted in the All-Star ballot, I never think I have a good enough grasp of other teams abilities to be able to do it justice.

I'm off the beer for a few days, had rather more than I'm used to last night! (Which still ain't that much, I've never been able to drink a lot).

Fleet week looks good though Weave, I can see why you're keen to go, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Right, I'm off outside, back to replacing the sides on my wife's horse trailer.

Catch up with you later.

Michael.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50