!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Fleischmann N gauge turntable supplementary extensions 9153  (Read 136 times)

Offline Calyw

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Fleischmann N gauge turntable supplementary extensions 9153
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:20:37 pm »
The above items are sold with 3 short extensions and 3 long extensions. Can anyone tell me if the if both types are live once fitted or are the short ones dummies.
Also I see that the ones for sale (on ebay  etc) have different suffixes  i.e. 9153c  and  9153s  will they all work with a 9152 turntable?

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Fleischmann N gauge turntable supplementary extensions 9153
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:50:57 pm »
Both types have live rails which can receive power from the turntable's rail wiper contacts, but the short ones have no rail joiners and as far as I know aren't intended to be connected to further trackwork, they're just to catch any over-shoot.

My boxes of extensions are simply labelled 9153
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:02:47 pm by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Calyw

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:25:39 pm »
I wonder if they can be adapted, I need several more outlets and the sets are a ridiculous price.  Since you have a turntable, is it possible to disconnect the contacts at one end of the bridge so that it is then usable when touching tracks at both ends.  The one I have doesn't have the controller with the selector switch so both ends are live all the time

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:55:51 am »
... but if you do that then you break the ability to power the parking track from either end of the table, should you want to turn the loco beforehand.  I think the contacts also serve to align the tracks vertically.

If it were me I'd simply use an isolating joiner after the extension piece and power the track with a switch, rather than modify the turntable.  I wire my layout for DC cab control so my approach tracks have isolation gaps on both rails anyway, and the turntable is a separate electrical section.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:57:05 am by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here