!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ZIMO MX616  (Read 304 times)

Offline Shropshire Lad

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
ZIMO MX616
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:05 pm »
Has anyone else tried one of these little fellas yet?
Mine arrived today courtesy of John at Youchoos and is destined for my Class 03.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:47:17 pm by Shropshire Lad »

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
Re: ZIMO MX616
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:19:10 am »
I have been using the CT DCX77z in my non-DCC ready locos but have been deterred by flaky performance and Coastal DCC's recent decision to terminate CT supply. So I'm about to suck up their hefty price tag and try one of these new Zimos in my 14xx.

Do let us know how you get on.

Online Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:37:59 am »
I was going to to fit one those tiny Ct DCX77z decoders in my 08, it went in fine but lasted about 30 seconds before it went futt, it was the I discovered CT's reputation for decocoders that go futt

That tiny Zimo looks interesting, given the excellent performance of all their other decoders, including their 20 6 pin

Talking of the 08, there is a video on YouTube showing a guy fitting a Lenz Silver Mini to his and he has it mounted next to the gearbox, but when I tried one I found it too thick and placing it next to the gearbox stopped the body aligning properly, I wonder if Lenz have changed a component on their silver mini making it thicker? Any one know.  I ended up putting the decoder in the cab roof as I didn't want to mod the body, like I did with the first one after the CT decoder went futt and the  only decoder I had to hand was a gaugemaster, and I didn't think to put it in the cab roof so took to removing metal from the inside of the body so it could be put next to the gearbox as shown in the YouTube videos.

Still they both run fine so I will not be changing their decoders, but will keep that Zimo in mind if I do or get another 08, as you can't have too many 08's can you.  Mind you I suspect the next one will get a sound decoder fitted if I ever pluck up the courage that is.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Offline Shropshire Lad

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:32:26 am »
It was any easy installation in my 03. It can run nicely at a crawl on standard settings, no messing around Not the cheapest but worth it for the lack of hassle.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:34:16 am by Shropshire Lad »

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £50.00
Below Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
91% 
September Donations

Advertise Here