!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tregonning - Layout in a (Largish) case  (Read 12615 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Tregonning - Layout in a (Largish) case
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2018, 10:18:33 pm »
As I've experienced, taking sharp close-ups is not easy, Martin. The photo. still gives a very good impression of your very good scenic work.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:24:09 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated »

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2018, 06:57:25 am »
That's a great picture, Martin. :greatpicturessign:
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Online Phoenix

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2018, 05:11:13 pm »

Lovely picture Martin  :thumbsup:

Best wishes
Kevin

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2018, 05:17:26 pm »
Now that Iím retired I am really enjoying taking time to position everything. I used to rather rush things. As an example, Iíve spent ages thinking about the position of a single tree this afternoon. Iíve finally decided - picture later as I have a rather unscenic set of pliers holding it in place for a bit whilst the glue dries.
Tomorrow, I plan to think about the platform buildings  for the island platform. Iím thinking the Metcalfe Wayside station shelter (stone) as a foul for the rather grand station building on the opposite platform.
I then need to consider a footbridge which needs to be simplistic I think.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2018, 07:30:41 pm »
So this is the tree Iíve been thinking about. Iíve added a small lineside hut with a ladder and cable drum. The tree looks a little out of place at the moment but I think it should be ok once I have a building on the island platform.
You can see where the creamery will be further along but I think the phone camera has foreshortened the distance rather:

Next we have an overview of the station area - a bit more detailing done today. I do however need to sweep up with my mini vac

Next, a photo of the flower bed that I photographed badly yesterday. The station staff are very proud of their gardening skills. Iíve added a platform border. Maybe Iíll add some white flowers to those short bushes between the flowers and the fence?

Finally an overview of the left corner (which is nearing completion).that signal is too low. The train clears it but itís mighty close!
A few little people will liven things up I think.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:53:19 am by Caz, Reason: Rotated picture »
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2018, 07:38:04 pm »
Terrific photographs, thank you.

The tree looks perfect.

All the very best.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2018, 08:11:03 pm »
As an example, Iíve spent ages thinking about the position of a single tree this afternoon. Iíve finally decided - picture later as I have a rather unscenic set of pliers holding it in place for a bit whilst the glue dries.
You're begiining to sound like an ancient chinese artist looking at a piece of jade and spending a great deal of time deciding what to make.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2018, 08:47:27 pm »
A super set of photos :thumbsup: How do you make the flower beds?
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2018, 08:55:33 pm »
A super set of photos :thumbsup: How do you make the flower beds?
The long strip is a freebie I got a while back when I bought some trees (I think from the model tree shop).
The large bed is just tiny segments of Woodland Scenics  foliage clusters (in varying sizes) glued onto soil coloured scatter material. I then add tiny spots of acryllic paint to create flowers. The front retaining sleeper is a toffee apple stick.
My Layouts -

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »
That all looks very good indeed, Martin. The tree is fine. It's definitely worth doing such work slowly and taking time to think things through and try out alternatives. Whenever I've rushed things on Cant Cove the results have not been good. (I admit though that I do work very slowly and only when I have uninterrupted free time.) The flowerbeds are particularly fine. With the scenic work around it, the station does not look too big. I think parking bays should be marked out as, otherwise, parked cars can easily be blocked in and the 'bus driver will have to reverse out as two cars are blocking the turning area!

Very good to see the 14xx and BR / Hawksworth autocoach in the bay platform. The "Chelsea Girls' are looking forward to a Spring weekend break.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2018, 01:59:11 pm »
Iím progressing the station area with some detailing plus the station building on the island platform and the footbridge (neither of which are finished yet).
I had to compromise on the footbridge with steps going in opposite directions but , for me, it works well enough.
Iím undecided about the flowebed under the small wall. It matches a similar one at the opposite end of the platform but Iíll make a decision about this one later.
The area where the tree is (near the box van) is going to be a small park area.

My Layouts -

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2018, 11:40:20 pm »
Hi Martin,

All fantastic as usual.

Have been looking at how you made the curve round the terminus track/station look right. I'm having problems as think mine looks wrong. It's probably as yours is a more rural setting. Not sure. Dilemmas on my thread with pics tomorrow.

Anyway, all looks great and as I said to Ditape, PLEASE SLOW DOWN  :)

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2018, 07:36:37 am »
Great photos, terrific modelling and fast progress!  :thankyousign:

Offline DaveGlew

• Awards
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2018, 07:59:06 am »
Love the platform surface..... Nice to see something other than metcalfe tarmac  ;)
If it looks right, it probably is right.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2018, 07:14:34 pm »
Thank you for the excellent photos. and update, Martin. It's all looking very good. My only comment is that there should be an extension of the platform to the siding where the white-roofed brown van is standing to the side and rear. Typically, the end of such sidings was, originally, used for the loading and unloading of the horse-drawn coaches of the nobility which were carried on flat wagons behind passenger trains. Later, it would be used for loading and unloading parcels and sundries carried in vans attached to passenger trains. At present, it would be difficult to do that with the van standing on the siding. If the platform was continued behind the van, at the end of the siding, a road vehicle, such as a lorry could back up to the platform, making the transfer of less-than-vanload passenger-rated goods items easy. Ditto a GPO van.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here