!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Silver Bullets  (Read 584 times)

Offline CCGWR

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Dapol Silver Bullets
« on: December 26, 2017, 05:46:18 am »
Hi Everyone,

Recently I purchased some Dapol silver bullet as I wanted some bogie wagons and although slightly late for my era I don't really mind and they look really good. I only have two but want to get some more when the budget allows, I have however, noticed a key issue and that is the couplings. On various spots (not necessarily on curves all the time either) around the layout they uncouple from each other and other wagons. They are standard Rapidos and I don't intend to change them, I did try the dummy knuckles supplied with them, from memory the same thing happened. What should I do to guarantee they stay coupled to the train?
 :helpneededsign:

Regards Connor 

Offline Ditape

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25087
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Silver Bullets
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 08:13:20 am »
A little tacky wax helps.
Diane Tape

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 09:48:48 am »
Check the couplers are moving freely, Iíve not had a problem with my silver bullets, but frequently on the mk3s find the little sprung Ďarmí to which the coupler is attached comes out of its guides. Iím trying to remember if the bullets are the same, but iíd turn the wagon over and check. Tacky Wax will certainly fix the symptom, but not the cause. Would be my second course of action.

Offline Rabbitaway

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 08:30:53 pm »
I have a rake of six and have the same problem. I have changed them around in the rake and it helps. The best way to resolve is a little tacky wax or a tiny spot to blue tack.

The same issue with my HST power car to the first mk3 therefore I always apply a little blue tack

You will have more of an issue when connecting Dapol and Farish together when they have the pocket type coupling. These will just not stay connected without something sticky

If you look at the rapiod moulding they are slightly different, so much for compatable couplings. My track is laid to a high standard is this is not the issue

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 11:56:26 pm »
My track is most certainly not laid to a high standard and no such problems with my rake of 15, so I would still suggest checking the coupler movement is not inhibited in any way.

The dummy knuckle couplers may be a better option as there is more vertical movement without the chamfer of a rapido.

Online jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 01:41:13 am »
Canopy glue used by aircraft modelers. It keeps couplings together but they can still be pulled apart of necessary.

I used it on some of my wagons and when we moved house recently they all came apart with no issues

BTW canopy glue dries clear.

Regards,

And Merry Christmas

John P

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations