!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Saving new topic  (Read 274 times)

Online bob lawrence

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Saving new topic
« on: October 20, 2017, 02:34:56 pm »
Have put this question here as no other obvious place to post it, that I could see. I was going to post an update for my box file, hence the reason for posting it here.
I had just got started with narrative and had attached a photo when I had to come out of it and am now in a position to carry on. I would like to know if an unfinished post can be saved or if the one I started can be picked up and continued?
Thanks

Offline Delboy

• Awards
Re: Saving new topic
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 03:10:28 pm »
Hi Bob,
Please wait for confirmation but I think I have fallen foul of this before. I personally don't think you can save it as a draft and pick it up later but I am happy to be corrected. I now copy and paste my post into a text prog such as TextEdit on my Mac, if I suddenly realise I need to add something to the post before the first publication. That way I can recall it in a new post later and all is not wasted. Hope I am making sense.
Dennis
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:24:59 pm »
Sorry, Bob, but as far as I know you can't save a draft so you either have to type it up in 'Word' or similar then 'cut and paste'.
An alternative is to post what you have already typed up with a comment such as 'to be added to' and then modify your original post when you have the rest sorted.

Online bob lawrence

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »
Thanks for the replies, thatís what Iíll do, type in notes then copy and paste. Can always add photos when I know Iíll have time.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here
anything