!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Bordon (SR) and the Longmoor Military Railway, East Hampshire  (Read 2316 times)

Offline danmk1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27109
  • 2mm Association Number: 5415
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Bordon and the Longmoor Military Railway, East Hampshire
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 01:52:06 pm »
Thanks for the kind comments.
My wife brought a box home tonight and asked if it would be of any use.

I think I now have enough Mod Roc, i recon, for life  :D
Couldn't resist trying some out on a little section to test.

Hello!
Iíve spent a fair few nights on Longmoor MOD, Iím sure I have some photos of when we defended a train. Iíll have a look tomorrow, the layout looks fabulous!
Regards,
Philip

If you do have time that would be wonderful thanks @G_N_E_R.
Next time I will build somewhere that still exists will make research a lot easier  ;D

Hi Dan, I too went with NCE power cab ... and like the Cab-holder you've made!

Think the throttle wheel secured the decision for me, and is was also the one the better half liked. The cab holder is actually from KS laser designs, which I purchased at a local shop they were attending.

That looks like some interesting geological features in the sub-strata there!  ???

Great progress on your first ever layout, am following with interest to see the next developments!

Cheers  :beers:

Looking back at the picture I do think I could have found a nicer bit of wood to put it on  :doh:  :smiley-laughing:

:thankyousign:
My layout build: Bordon Light Railway http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39031.0

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
Re: Bordon (SR) and the Longmoor Military Railway, East Hampshire
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 03:55:40 am »
This is an interesting layout idea. Back in the days when I were an Army Cadet we went to Longmoor for our 2 week Annual Camp. This was the 1980s so any trace of the LMR was long gone but the yards were still traceable. I suppose this will become a haunt for 0-6-0 and 2-10-0 Austerities and blue coaches?
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Offline danmk1

• N Gauge Society Number: 27109
  • 2mm Association Number: 5415
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 08:16:24 pm »
This is an interesting layout idea. Back in the days when I were an Army Cadet we went to Longmoor for our 2 week Annual Camp. This was the 1980s so any trace of the LMR was long gone but the yards were still traceable. I suppose this will become a haunt for 0-6-0 and 2-10-0 Austerities and blue coaches?

Thanks I found the history very interesting which is what drew me to the idea. The 0-6-0 and 2-10-0 Austerities and blue coaches will follow. I am aiming for a late 30's look to be able to display the increased traffic arriving from the Southern line to be sent out to Longmoor so loco wise will be various 0-6-0 tank engines a Dean Goods and anything that might have been sent to Longmoor for training use, but my wife did buy me the Longmoor collectors edition set so will be able to switch.

Have been busy continuing the landscape in and around Bordon.

After a visit from my parents and being told off about the state of my Toy room, which took me back about 25 years  :smiley-laughing:, I had a tidy up

Taking a break from sanding down styrofoam I started on the Cattle dock and, from researching the changes over the many years of operation, my Dad thought that from the only picture I could find that it had a LSWR van being used as a storage shed.

(Picture captured taken from the Longmoor Military Railway Volume 1 book)
Luckily I had purchased a couple of these vans from Gramodels at the Peterborough show last year so one will be put to use.

I also tried to replicate a shot from http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/b/bordon/ looking down into the station.

Thanks again to all for the kind comments

Dan
My layout build: Bordon Light Railway http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39031.0

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 10:14:38 pm »
Hi Dan,

Fantastic work. Love the last two pics.

I would be too scared to model a real place. Have enough trouble in made up land.

Cheers weave  :beers:

PS. I said before that I live very near Bordon and except for not having the Coral betting shop and the Kebab van you're not far off a 2018 look in the first two pics  :D

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything