!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: help needed no power to track  (Read 365 times)

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: help needed no power to track
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 08:38:47 pm »
Why not try taking one wire from your controller and roughly pushing it under one side of the track and do the same with the other wire from the controller - pushing it under the other side of the track.
That should make the loco move (assuming loco and controller are ok).

@port perran
I suggested that earlier, Martin, and it has been tried to no effect....................

attached wires from controller directly to the track nothing happens
loco is in working order as just purchased it from Scograil Ipswich who tested it on their track at time of purchase

.......hence me suggesting it may be the controller but others have spotted the wires may not be droppers. I am trusting all this revolves around DC :hmmm:

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 08:41:37 pm »
Why not try taking one wire from your controller and roughly pushing it under one side of the track and do the same with the other wire from the controller - pushing it under the other side of the track.
That should make the loco move (assuming loco and controller are ok).

@port perran
I suggested that earlier, Martin, and it has been tried to no effect....................

attached wires from controller directly to the track nothing happens
loco is in working order as just purchased it from Scograil Ipswich who tested it on their track at time of purchase

.......hence me suggesting it may be the controller but others have spotted the wires may not be droppers. I am trusting all this revolves around DC :hmmm:

Apologies. I failed to read your earlier reply properly.
Yes, we are assuming this is DC.  Hopefully there will be a happy conclusion.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »
@vincey68  out of interest, what controller are you using? Did it come with the layout or is it something you had already?
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline vincey68

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »
@vincey68  out of interest, what controller are you using? Did it come with the layout or is it something you had already?

it came with a basic Hornby controller the sort you get with a starter set

I tried the wires on the wheels of loco all worked ok
since then as per an earlier suggestion i cut the red wired loops (can easily be joined)seen on the underside  now  track works but only to the point of the three points .. the loco travels ok before and after each point but does not pass over them
sorry for my ignorance lol  :dunce:

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 08:56:57 pm »

sorry for my ignorance lol  :dunce:

Don't worry about that. At least we're getting somewhere now and know the controller and loco work OK so it has to be a wiring problem.

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 09:17:24 pm »
@vincey68   Good to know you're starting to get somewhere.  Do you know the brand of track used? Looks a bit like Peco setrack but a close-up of one of the points would be useful, if they're all the same style of point?  Could be the point blades are dirty if the loco isn't travelling over the points.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline vincey68

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 09:33:43 pm »
@vincey68   Good to know you're starting to get somewhere.  Do you know the brand of track used? Looks a bit like Peco setrack but a close-up of one of the points would be useful, if they're all the same style of point?  Could be the point blades are dirty if the loco isn't travelling over the points.

was told the track is Peco setrack above pics are of one point the others are the same

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here
anything