!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: point motors  (Read 737 times)

Offline ODRAILS

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: point motors
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 05:32:27 pm »
Can anyone tell me if I can purchase surface point motors rather than under board ones as they will be easier for me to fit (limited movement ) I know you can get them for OO gauge (wash my mouth out ) but just wondered if they were available for N gauge !!!!!!!!!

:helpneededsign:
If you google "surface mounted point motor" you will find:
GAUGEMASTER GMC-PM20 SURFACE MOUNTED POINT MOTOR - I've used these, they're good and cheaper in bulk packs from e.g. Hattons
I've also used the Conrad and Hoffman point motors which can be used surface mounted though their price is much higher now with the rise of the euro.

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
Re: point motors
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 06:09:51 pm »
Hi all, my shed is being delivered wed. 18th oct once built I can get on with the inside. Once I,ve fitted the baseboard what should I cover it with? cork roll or grass matting ? bearing in mind I will need to add roads ect. and tarmac areas for car parks and drive ways.

Regards Les H ( First timer )

This seems to answer your question - having sealed both sides of MDF,

Personally I wouldn't totally cover it with anything, that's just a waste of material.  Try to think more in terms of maybe cork strips for the track bed, card or something for roadways, grass mat for open fields etc.    There may be areas you want to build up into hills, other areas you want to cut the board away to make lakes or landscape dips etc.

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations