!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran/Trepol Bay  (Read 43487 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Port Perran/Trepol Bay
« Reply #690 on: January 01, 2018, 07:42:09 pm »
A great way to relax I think:
https://youtu.be/Yec5puEG_yA
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #691 on: January 01, 2018, 07:50:02 pm »
Hi Martin,

Indeed it is. Unfortunately that is why I get nothing done and enjoy watching yours and everyone else's layouts.

Happy New Year.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #692 on: January 01, 2018, 07:51:15 pm »
Hi Martin,

Indeed it is. Unfortunately that is why I get nothing done and enjoy watching yours and everyone else's layouts.

Happy New Year.

Particularly when your team has just lost 5-0!

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #693 on: January 01, 2018, 08:55:52 pm »
I'm sorry Martin,

They were probably resting players before they play Man City in the cup.

I'm not happy too. Lost to the blimmin' gasheads after one nil up with 6 minutes to go  :veryangry:.

Anyway, my niece came down to see me today so think I'll be OK...

https://www.flatbellybible.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/red-wine-drinking-weight-loss.jpg

PS Sorry  :offtopicsign: (ish)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:57:18 pm by weave »

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #694 on: January 04, 2018, 07:05:25 pm »
The Port Perran Timber Company has recently won a contract to supply the roofing timbers for a new Northlight style warehouse adjacent to the railway station at Wadebridge.
The first trainload, including the initial roof trusses left the workshops by rail today. The train is pictured passing Trepol Bay at 15.24 this afternoon.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #695 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:13 pm »
It looks like those trusses might have pushed the loading gauge a bit!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:52:08 pm by Innovationgame »
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #696 on: January 04, 2018, 07:15:59 pm »
It lloks like those trusses might have pushed the loading gauge a bit!
The civil engineer was somewhat concerned but clearance was finally granted subject to a maximum speed limit of 20mph.
In reality the load does fit under my bridges etc - just.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:42:38 pm by port perran »

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #697 on: January 04, 2018, 09:47:00 pm »
The Port Perran Timber Company has recently won a contract to supply the roofing timbers for a new Northlight style warehouse adjacent to the railway station at Wadebridge.
The first trainload, including the initial roof trusses left the workshops by rail today. The train is pictured passing Trepol Bay at 15.24 this afternoon.

That's a great picture, Martin.  Just the thing to cheer me up after getting home late from my first day back at business after New Year.

Many thanks and all good wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #698 on: January 05, 2018, 09:53:50 am »

That's a great picture, Martin.  Just the thing to cheer me up after getting home late from my first day back at business after New Year.

John

Seconded, John. A very good photo. of an unusual train load. (I, too, had wondered about clearances but I thought that Martin would have tested that.) It's good news that there will be a new rail-served warehouse at Wadebridge.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #699 on: January 05, 2018, 01:41:19 pm »

John
Iím pleased  that you like the picture John. I feel for those of you who have to return to work. No such worries here these days so more time for playing with my trains!
Martin

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #700 on: January 05, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »

John

Seconded, John. A very good photo. of an unusual train load. (I, too, had wondered about clearances but I thought that Martin would have tested that.) It's good news that there will be a new rail-served warehouse at Wadebridge.
The new warehouse has created much speculation as no details of either owners or purpose have yet been revealed. There is speculation, however that goods traffic over the North Cornwall and Wadebridge to Truro lines will increase as a result.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: January 05, 2018, 04:01:10 pm »
An unashamedly GW feel to activities at Port Perran this afternoon.
A pannier tank (complete with shunterís truck) has been fussing about marshalling wagons for the later pick up goods but has been moved into the station area to make way for the Collett 0-6-0 passing through on a mixed goods from Wadebridge to Drump Road yard at Redruth. The collett has been, somewhat unusually, routed through the station rather than taking the avoiding line.
Meanwhile a prarie tank waits at Platform 2 with the 15.40 local for Newquay.
The 94xx pannier, simmering on shed, will later work a train from the Headland Brewery to Truro.
Itís a lovely day. Locals are enjoying the sea air on and around the beach. They seem unaware of the day to day railway activity being played out behind them.

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #702 on: January 05, 2018, 07:59:04 pm »

John
Iím pleased  that you like the picture John. I feel for those of you who have to return to work. No such worries here these days so more time for playing with my trains!
Martin

Thank you, Martin.

By way of one of life's lovely little rewards, today's business activity involved speaking to a group of retired railway officers.  They were about the nicest audience I've ever had!  Mrs Train Waiting is going to have a few days with her mother, so, hopefully, Poppy and I will be playing with our trains over the weekend.  Maybe some fine, foaming, English ale to be consumed as well.  Just like your Exeter 'Peelers' are doing in another thread.

Best wishes.

John

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #703 on: January 05, 2018, 08:22:41 pm »

John
Martin

Thank you, Martin.

By way of one of life's lovely little rewards, today's business activity involved speaking to a group of retired railway officers.  They were about the nicest audience I've ever had!  Mrs Train Waiting is going to have a few days with her mother, so, hopefully, Poppy and I will be playing with our trains over the weekend.  Maybe some fine, foaming, English ale to be consumed as well.  Just like your Exeter 'Peelers' are doing in another thread.

Best wishes.

John
The Directors of both Headland and Castle breweries upon hearing of the urgent need for foaming English Ale have agreed for one wagon load from each brewery to be despatched Northwards at the earliest opportunity and with due haste.
The 20.35 departure from Truro to Wadebridge will be picking up a wagon from Headland Brewery at Port Perran. At Wadebridge a wagon from the Castle Brewery will be waiting. The two vans will then be added to the overnight Wadebridge to Exeter Goods (23.40 off Wadebridge yard). From Exeter the vans will be worked Northwards starting with the 06.02 freight to Gloucester.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #704 on: January 11, 2018, 08:23:30 pm »
A Winterís evening on Trepol Bay harbour but work continues apace.
The local 04 pauses during shunting duties and waits for its driver, Charlie, who has been for a cuppa with Percy Hogg the Harbourmaster. Charlie reflects on his day, which is nearing its end, as he wanders back to his warm cab. Percyís maroon citroen will take him home to a fish supper shortly:

Meanwhile Harry, one of the harbour horses is still busy and seems unperturbed by the welding being carried out in the small wagon workshop behind him. Bill, the chargehand at the Headland Distribution depot has nipped out for a quick smoke behind the Bass wagon whilst Dave the chippie is busy sawing a plank outside the wagon works.
In the background, a Class 33 enters the station above the harbour:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:25:04 pm by port perran »

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here