!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran/Trepol Bay  (Read 40912 times)

Offline chrispearce

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Port Perran/Trepol Bay
« Reply #1005 on: July 11, 2018, 03:22:27 pm »
I fund an ancient rusty rail spike at the top of the incline in a bush so it now sits on my Mum's patio as local heritage.
How much is the fund worth, these days?  :D
HOHOHO! Very funny Sir. It was early this morning and I seem to have missed the 'o'. I take it you were an English Teacher? :D
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #1006 on: July 11, 2018, 05:19:23 pm »
I fund an ancient rusty rail spike at the top of the incline in a bush so it now sits on my Mum's patio as local heritage.
HOHOHO! Very funny Sir. It was early this morning and I seem to have missed the 'o'. I take it you were an English Teacher? :D
I'm suitably chastised, even though I was a nuclear physicist. :-[
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1007 on: July 11, 2018, 06:22:03 pm »
Hereís a picture of the old iron footbridge over the former R&C trackbed just a 100yds or so from our door.
Unfortunately somewhat overgrown but at least it still exists

It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
« Reply #1008 on: July 11, 2018, 06:59:06 pm »
:goggleeyes:A nuclear physicist? Wow. Now THAT is an interesting subject. I have read a bit and it does get all rather complex :uneasy:
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #1009 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:18 pm »
Iíve never shown an overall video of Trepol Bay befors so hereís a Union Mills T9 passing through at the head of the daily schools train
https://youtu.be/IIs3VYeoiUo

:hellosign: Thanks for the video Martin, looking excellent as always.
       Also thanks for the fascinating history of the old R&C
     regards Derek.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1010 on: July 13, 2018, 08:42:35 pm »
I ran a few trains this evening and couldnít resist this shot of the local 04 shunter making a rare appearance on the main line.
She is normally confined to working the harbour lines but looks very nice enjoying a little jaunt through the station

It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #1011 on: July 14, 2018, 01:50:26 am »
:goggleeyes:A nuclear physicist? Wow. Now THAT is an interesting subject. I have read a bit and it does get all rather complex :uneasy:
Well it's not exactly rocket science :P
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
« Reply #1012 on: July 14, 2018, 10:17:12 am »

Just as an afterthought - as I claim to fund something in a bush I wonder if this could be regarded as a hedge fund?

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
« Reply #1013 on: July 14, 2018, 12:13:13 pm »
Well it's not exactly rocket science :P
You are right. No weight/thrust ratio, no solid fuel, no thrust vectoring, no guidance system. No, it's not rocket science.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #1014 on: July 14, 2018, 04:06:58 pm »
 :offtopicsign:
In fact, it was only applied nuclear physics.  I was a neutron scatterer.  Now let's get back to the real business of the topic, for Martin's sake.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
« Reply #1015 on: July 15, 2018, 09:34:27 am »
:offtopicsign:
In fact, it was only applied nuclear physics.  I was a neutron scatterer.  Now let's get back to the real business of the topic, for Martin's sake.
Still a seriously interesting subject. You must be a VERY brainy guy. I don't, however, understand what a neutron scatterer is. If someone told me it was a piece of machinery like a gas diffuser for enriching Uranium I could begin to understand that. I must, therefore, assume that if you can scatter neutrons then you must have exquisite fine-finger skills. That must explain your modelling finesse! :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:43:11 am by chrispearce »

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #1016 on: July 15, 2018, 10:08:03 am »
I taught nuclear physics to senior high school students for many years, and my daughter is head of the medical radiation physics department of Darwin hospital.

But please let's get back on topic!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:10:41 am by Bealman »
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1017 on: July 15, 2018, 07:32:50 pm »
Here's something you West Country folks might be interest in, "The Cornishman" with  2 Class 22's at the head.

THE CORNISHMAN.   For many years the 09.15 Wolverhampton - Penzance had been worked from Plymouth by a Penzance Hall 4-6-0 but by 1960 the turn had been taken over by a pair of North British Type 2 diesel hydraulics - a class notorious for such a high failure rate that they had to be run in pairs on passenger services.

6321 and 6318 are seen backing onto the service at Plymouth having taken over from the Newton Abbot Castle 4-6-0 which had brought the train in from Bristol.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/divman/permalink/1010418669128231/

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #1018 on: July 15, 2018, 08:13:16 pm »
To be fair, pairs of Type 2s were booked until their larger cousins, the Type 4 "Warships" were available, instead.

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
« Reply #1019 on: July 15, 2018, 11:31:25 pm »
To be fair, pairs of Type 2s were booked until their larger cousins, the Type 4 "Warships" were available, instead.

Do you mean the original warships? I read that they were very unreliable and spent a lot of their time sandwiched between a steam loco and the train they were supposed to be pulling. The Class 42 acquired the 'Warship' moniker aftr their demise.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here
anything