!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Lone Star Treble-O-Lectric Mk1  (Read 338 times)

Offline N-Gauge-US

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26208
  • British N-gauge N-thusiast from the US
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Lone Star Treble-O-Lectric Mk1
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:09:42 pm »
I recently acquired a Lone Star Treble-O-Lectric Mk1 coach in its original packaging. It's fairly crude when compared with modern toolings, but it was revolutionary at the time! I paid the princely sum of 1$+shipping for it. Now I'm not sure if I should just stick it in the cabinet or if I should take it off its chassis and make it into a grounded coach body. I feel a little guilty taking it out of its package and tearing it up, even though there are a large number on eBay. What are everyone's thoughts?
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Lone Star Treble-O-Lectric Mk1
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 07:29:26 pm »
If it's still in good condition in its packaging then pop it in the display cabinet.  Get a beaten up one for the layout. 

It amazes me how much unused/carded Treble-O-Lectric there is around on eBay.

Pride'n'joy in my display cabinet is a collection of the original push-along Minitrix, but I've also got a Treble-O-Lectric steamer, diesels and various other curios from the history of N, like Ibertren 3-rail and early Arnold.

Then add to that some mint Triang TT sets bought on honeymoon (the hotel did wonder why I needed batteries  :-[ )
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here