!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.


Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Diesel brake tender  (Read 9099 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DELETED

  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • N Gauge Society Number: Expire
  • Posts: 826
  • Country: gb
    • Awards
Re: Diesel brake tender
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 11:57:42 pm »
Found the pics a bit quicker than I thought.  In full...

First primer shot -all detail useless...


lots of filler on Knightwing moulding.  Lots and lots of sanding -fill, sand-fill, sand-fill...


Staples for lamp irons, track-pin for (wrong) brake pipe and replacement buffers...



Dapol bogie fitted -I know they're not technically correct but the knightwing mouldings were U/S and the Dapol wasn't that far out from what blurred pics I could find...



Not a great shot, but in reality I masked off different sections to try and give some relief on panel lines which show-up in reality but not in pics.  I never did sort out transfers though...


...I made this as a little project but to be honest I've never modelled a reason to run a tender so It's just sat in a box since.

Hope this helps,

Rich

Offline oreamnos

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17217
  • Posts: 414
  • Country: us
    • Awards
Re: Diesel brake tender
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2017, 05:40:31 pm »
Thanks for the pics, Rich.  That turned out really well.  I see what you mean about the cast detail being useless.  The 3D printed kit from Shapeways I opted for is the better kit even if the whitemetal Knightwing one is a bit more accurate in general shape.

I've been working on a second kit from Shapeways though haven't made too much progress.  The designer (mickster04) has modified the detail to be stronger.  This second print is the "Ultra detail" version which is the medium resolution version of the kit.  At first I thought there wasn't much difference between it and the highest detail one ("Extreme detail") I built earlier but I've had to spend a lot more more time priming over and sanding down print layer lines this time.  That's not a fault of the design, but a problem with Shapeways' printing.  Even though it's more expensive I think the "Extreme detail" one is definitely the way to go.

Matt


 

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations


Advertise Here
anything