!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Rowhouses (and other US buildings)  (Read 6569 times)

Offline 70000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27128
    • Awards
Re: Rowhouses (and other US buildings)
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2018, 01:06:25 pm »
The pub is more or less finished now, so work has turned to the stone built house next door. In addition, I have found a suitable DPM building (purchased secondhand for 50p a few years back!) to make up the full street frontage...

Back of the pub looks like this....

I ended up using an embossed tile plastic sheet, painted black, for the roof material on the pub, as the shingles looked a bit of a headache to reproduce.

Now that this has proved that the "log" style construction of the ground floor can be reproduced reasonably well (albeit simplified), a couple of other prototypes of buildings lend themselves for use elsewhere on the layout.
The "Colonial Complex" in York, Pennsylvania, has a complete house in that style that sits immediately bebund the pub and the Gates house, so thats an obvious one to put in a similar position on my layout!

Offline 70000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27128
    • Awards
Re: Rowhouses (and other US buildings)
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2018, 11:58:50 am »
Something resembling the Horatio Gates House has now been completed.......

I've simplified some of the details and shortened the brick annexe on the rear to fit the space available. Some of the stonework has been replaced with brick in the area of the annexe which isn't prototypical, but saved a couple of Ratio etched brass windowframes!
Can now get on with the pavements where this row sits, whilst thinking about what will fit the other remaining vacant spaces on the block.....

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here