!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Farish Collectors Club Pullman Coach 374-080k Sold Out  (Read 1236 times)

Offline BMHoneyman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14255
    • Awards
Farish Collectors Club Pullman Coach 374-080k Sold Out
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:25:01 pm »
I have noticed on the Graham Farish web site that the Collectors Club Pullman coach is now out of stock. Usually what is produced hangs around as per the Royal coach and class 08, so where have all the 504 produced gone? ???
I have been hanging off buying one due to being made redundant a while ago, so am surprised that they have sold out. :(

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Farish Collectors Club Pullman Coach 374-080k Sold Out
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 12:41:34 pm »
I've noticed a lot of them on e(xtortion)bay this past week.
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:25:30 pm »
Pleased I bought mine some time ago. Very nice model.
 :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline R Marshall

• N Gauge Society Number: 24052
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:56:51 pm »
I really need two and so does anyone running (say) the Tees Tyne Pullman, or the Yorkshire Pullman.

I held off, because the price of membership plus two carriages seemed a bit steep - regretting it now.

It would make a great addition to the Pullman set standard range, because, although they'd be inaccurate for steam days consists, there isn't an alternative brake end vehicle available.

Don't suppose it will happen though!

Will it?

Offline PLD

• Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 10:15:06 pm »
I really need two
Why do you need two of what is a model of a one-off (preservation era fake) prototype vehicle?  You wouldn't have two of the same Loco to 'top & tail' the train ???

and so does anyone running (say) the Tees Tyne Pullman, or the Yorkshire Pullman.
Not really... If they're wanting to accurately model either of those trains using the current Farish Mk1 Pullmans, depending on precisely when, they need either the old Farish wooden sided Pullman Brakes or a Mk1 full brake...

although they'd be inaccurate for steam days consists, there isn't an alternative brake end vehicle available.
Not accurate for diesel days versions of those named trains either!! A more correct vehicle for those trains in the steam era is readily available second hand (at variable though generally lower cost than the Collectors club model) albeit not to the latest standards, particularly benefiting from some work to the underframe and possible new bogies

Offline R Marshall

• N Gauge Society Number: 24052
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 09:04:14 am »
I'd need two, because the steam era consist of the Tees Tyne Pullman included two brake vehicles in a rake of eight in total - all of the other types are available in the Farish range.

I'd obviously prefer to have the correct second class parlour brake vehicles for the TTP, which (though not exclusively) would be the flat sided, 1928 built, all steel construction - car number 79 is the only survivor, I think. I might be tempted by an etched kit, but painting and lining would be a challenge.

However, in this scale and with my eyesight, the collectors club models would have been a useful stopgap - sometimes you have to compromise.

Offline eddief83

• N Gauge Society Number: 27517
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 01:14:51 pm »
I'd need two, because the steam era consist of the Tees Tyne Pullman included two brake vehicles in a rake of eight in total - all of the other types are available in the Farish range.

I'd obviously prefer to have the correct second class parlour brake vehicles for the TTP, which (though not exclusively) would be the flat sided, 1928 built, all steel construction - car number 79 is the only survivor, I think. I might be tempted by an etched kit, but painting and lining would be a challenge.

However, in this scale and with my eyesight, the collectors club models would have been a useful stopgap - sometimes you have to compromise.

As PLD said the Mark 1 BCK is a 1980's only era vehicle. They were standard Mark 1's repainted to run with the SLOA Pullman set so are only really useable for that era.

I got my hands on 2 and intend to renumber one as Car 356 which was the other pullman repaint, the stock was on 9 for a while then they offered free postage and the last few shot out the door then, luckily i got mine just before they sold out.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here