!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: LUGSDALE ROAD - LMS  (Read 17507 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: LUGSDALE ROAD - LMS
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2018, 08:37:23 pm »
Looks like progress to me :thumbsup:

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2018, 08:58:12 pm »
A distinct possibility, PP.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Offline paulprice

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2018, 08:21:00 pm »
I've been playing around with my cobbles..............Isn't N gauge Fun :)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2018, 09:17:01 pm »
I've been playing around with my cobbles..............

They can't touch you for it :no: ;)

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #289 on: August 08, 2018, 07:44:30 am »
Sadly overwhelmed with posts lately, so just catching up on this one.

Like your progress and  show us your cobbles!   :D

I'm still playing with mine..

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2018, 12:46:15 pm »
Oh dear............... Evil bay strikes again............. :'(

When the Domestic Overlord finds out I may be in trouble..... :'(

A recent EvilBay haul has seen me get the following

1 x Stannier all 1st
1 x Stannier 1st/3rd
1 x Farish china E/C Std 4 2-6-4T
1 x Farish china L/C Std 4 2-6-4T

And on the workbench is a another FlatIron 0-6-4T, another 7F 0-8-0, and G2 0-8-0 and a Tram (the first of three)

Why do I keep doing this I am supposed to be working on the layout not increasing the stock. :veryangry:

Now one of the Std 4 chassis will find its way under a fowler tank, and the chassis from that will be used for ???? Then I have to figure out what to do with the other Std 4, I mean as an LMS modeller they are pretty useless????

HELP  :hmmm: :hmmm:

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2018, 09:22:21 pm »
Im fed up with this another weekend nearly over and NO modelling done  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: August 13, 2018, 06:32:53 am »
Im fed up with this another weekend nearly over and NO modelling done  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Cheer up!  It could be much, MUCH worse.  Nothing's ben confiscated, has it.  Has it?
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2018, 05:12:48 pm »
Cheer up!  It could be much, MUCH worse.  Nothing's ben confiscated, has it.  Has it?

I'm not telling.......but something may have been  :'( :'( :'(

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #294 on: August 13, 2018, 09:18:34 pm »
Well it seems like an age since I made a proper update on the layout on here, and I can hear lots of you thinking to yourselves that it has not been long enough.

Anyway its now time to horrify you all will the latest progress on the layout, if you can call it progress. I have been trying to work on the tram tracks on the front of the layout, too much time was wasted on trying to decide on cobbles or tarmac, so I made a decision and set to work.

I managed to get a little done before I ran out of cobbles, I'm not sure if I like the finish, hopefully most of it will be hidden by the buildings and some severe weathering.

Perhaps tarmac would be the easiest option, I mean all I need is a little DAS, and its a simple job, I mean what could possibly go wrong  ??? ???
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:23:21 pm by paulprice »

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #295 on: August 13, 2018, 09:29:58 pm »
This leads onto another very long running project, actually knocking together some working trams. When I was a kid Typhoo had a promotion on which meant everyone seemed to have a very basic model tram. Of course being a grown up all my toys were given away when I became a sensible grown up  :'( :'(

So I had to resort to evil bay and low and behold a plot was hatched, perhaps I should of just modelled a static scene, but being a bit of an idiot why would I make things easy for myself?

Anyway a little paint stripper, and I got the body down to this stage, ready to unleash one of my tools of destruction, my trusty mini-drill and a slitting disc.

After cutting away a lot of metal, and drilling out the cast windows on the top deck, I managed to get the body in a coat of primer. More importantly though I HAVE CREATED LIFE, I HAVE MANAGED TO GET IT RUNNING (INSERT EVIL LAUGH HERE),  >:D >:D >:D >:D

The problem is progress always leads to more problems, the next one will be what livery to paint the tram in, any suggestions will be welcome, and the other problem is now I have two more possible chances to lose a finger or two, as I have to work on a couple more.

So my next update may be typed with the aid of bloody stumps, bet no worries everyone knows fingers grow back  ???
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:46:29 pm by paulprice »

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2018, 07:33:33 am »
The cobbles look good to me, PP and with the planned weathering, they'll be fine!

There's some cracking colour photos here that may give you an idea for painting the trams.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/double-decker-trams.html

As a kid I loved visiting Grandma in Fleetwood and travelling on the trams into Blackpool. Of course, the green and cream is my favourite colourway.

Dave G

Offline Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2018, 09:37:14 am »
This leads onto another very long running project, actually knocking together some working trams. When I was a kid Typhoo had a promotion on which meant everyone seemed to have a very basic model tram. Of course being a grown up all my toys were given away when I became a sensible grown up  :'( :'(

So I had to resort to evil bay and low and behold a plot was hatched, perhaps I should of just modelled a static scene, but being a bit of an idiot why would I make things easy for myself?

I've got a couple of these myself (5 for 10) if you need another one I've got more than I can use.
To me I'm wondering if they're slightly over-scale though...

No idea if they'll fit through the bridge

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #298 on: August 14, 2018, 08:32:51 pm »
The cobbles look good to me, PP and with the planned weathering, they'll be fine!

There's some cracking colour photos here that may give you an idea for painting the trams.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/double-decker-trams.html

As a kid I loved visiting Grandma in Fleetwood and travelling on the trams into Blackpool. Of course, the green and cream is my favourite colourway.

Dave G

Thanks Dave,

Some of those trams are very very impressive, I think they are far beyond my capabilities though

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2018, 08:35:52 pm »

I've got a couple of these myself (5 for 10) if you need another one I've got more than I can use.
To me I'm wondering if they're slightly over-scale though...

No idea if they'll fit through the bridge

Ooooh another tram....tempting at this rate it could become an obsession.

They are a little over scale but if you look at them the right way, ie turn your back on them they look ok. I suppose seeing as I have fitted it to a 4 wheeled chassis, I should really reduce the length by one window section, or maybe I should just leave it?

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything