!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: farish 4-BEP  (Read 517 times)

Offline Jim Martin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18071
    • Awards
Re: farish 4-BEP
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 03:34:10 pm »
must endeavor to finish all those 1/2 finished things this year :dunce:

Nick

That's my new year's modelling resolution, too.

Just like it is every year.

Jim
Believe me. These things always have a logical explanation usually

Offline Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 04:12:44 pm »
That's really nice work HH - always good to see another Southern electric modeller on the forum.

Look forward to reading about the 4-COR.

Mark

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 04:26:25 pm »
Wow - two things impress me straight away

1. Someone from Inverness modelling the southern electric - has to be a first!
2. Didn't know WW did 4-BEP replacement sides. Now that is a cracking idea. The buffet needed is nowhere close to either an RU or an RMB.

How did you do the windows? did you shuffle the existing 4-CEP windows around to keep the style of window, or are they entirely on the brass sheet and painted silver?

In my to do list I have a 4-TC and 4-REP combo putting two power cars in the REP unit, to allow the 33/1 to pull the TC unit when required, and using BHE overlays I already have, but they are a trifle short on height (but window spacing spot on).

Great conversion, as I said before.

Bob

I'd love to see a thread on your 4-TC, Bob. As excellent as the 4-BEP is they never reached the Southwest! 4-TCs did, though get to Exeter and North Devon.

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 04:34:08 pm »
Wow I never knew 4-TCs got to Exeter and North Devon. Were they on timetabled services? What years did they run?

I only ever saw them on Portsmouth/Basingstoke - Reading (Sundays only) and Waterloo - Weymouth routes in the 1970s/early 1980s.

Bob

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 05:07:21 pm »
Wow I never knew 4-TCs got to Exeter and North Devon. Were they on timetabled services? What years did they run?

I only ever saw them on Portsmouth/Basingstoke - Reading (Sundays only) and Waterloo - Weymouth routes in the 1970s/early 1980s.

Bob

The 4TCs plus Class 33/1s regularly got to Exeter St. Davids on scheduled services sometime in the 1970s and 1980s; certainly on Summer Saturdays as extensions of the Waterloo-Salisbury service. Also as replacements for the usual Waterloo-Exeter loco-hauled sets, on occasion.

They definitely got to North Devon (e.g., Torrington, Meeth sidings) on enthusiast specials in the mid-late 1970s, e.g. 16th March 1975: 4TC set 416 + RMB 1872 (one of the two through SR wired ones, S1873 being the other) + 4TC set 413:
33103 (1)   London Waterloo - Clapham Junction - Earlsfield - Wimbledon - Surbiton - Woking - Basingstoke - Andover Jn - Salisbury - Gillingham - Yeovil Junction - Honiton - Exeter St Davids - Crediton - Eggesford - Barnstaple - Torrington - Meeth Sidings
33118 (2)   Meeth Sidings - Torrington - Barnstaple - Eggesford - Crediton
33103 (1)   Crediton - Okehampton - Meldon Quarry
33118 (2)   Meldon Quarry - Okehampton - Crediton - Exeter St Davids - (reverse of outward route) - London Waterloo.

http://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/70s/750316lv.html

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 05:13:01 pm »
We had better stop talking TC stock for fear of moderation or even a new thread starting

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
April Donations

Advertise Here
anything