!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Posting Photos & Videos  (Read 177 times)

Offline Steamie+

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26963
  • N Gauge is part of my life. :)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Posting Photos & Videos
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:57:09 am »
 :hellosign: I am new to your site and to modelling. I am struggling to get photo’s up, even though i have done it , but not like most other members. I have been asked to post a video by a member and i tried to do it by clicking the (+ Attachments and other options) but now the screen has gone blank and it has froze. i have got back on the site by going into anther tab. I am on Safari with Macbook Pro so it usually is’t a problem. I do have the video on You Tube but i would rather not use a 3rd party site to put it up. Any help on this and the photos would been really appreciated. 

:thankyousign:
:toot: :A1Tornado: :Carriage: :Carriage:

Online austinbob

• N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
Re: Posting Photos & Videos
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:50:28 am »
:hellosign: I am new to your site and to modelling. I am struggling to get photo’s up, even though i have done it , but not like most other members. I have been asked to post a video by a member and i tried to do it by clicking the (+ Attachments and other options) but now the screen has gone blank and it has froze. i have got back on the site by going into anther tab. I am on Safari with Macbook Pro so it usually is’t a problem. I do have the video on You Tube but i would rather not use a 3rd party site to put it up. Any help on this and the photos would been really appreciated. 

:thankyousign:

I don't know if the information posted by Tank in the middle of 2016 is still valid http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=33436.0 but this indicates that you can't post videos direct and have to use something like Utube.
I'm sure Tank will put you right if the information in the link is out of date now.
 :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Online newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:33:14 am »
The expert @Only Me should be back from leave now so hopefully he can help

Offline Only Me

• Reader Of The Manual
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Exhibition Layout - Tormouth
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:38:20 am »
Hi all,

You cannot post videos directly to this site, if we allowed that function, the server space would dwindle pretty quickly and Chris's costs would sky rocket.  Please post to youtube and past the link into a post, then highlight the link and click the "YOU TUBE" icon in the message reply box which will then format the video correctly

Cheers Paul.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:32:08 pm by Only Me »

Online newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 10:48:39 am »
Failing that you can  have 2GB free space at Dropbox. Upload your vid to them and then copy a link to this forum. It's very easy (which is why I can do it). I find Dropbox easier and more user friendly than Photobucket.

Offline Steamie+

• N Gauge Society Number: 26963
  • N Gauge is part of my life. :)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 12:39:08 pm »
 :thankyousign: to all who have sent me replies, I will do has instructed.    :thumbsup:
:toot: :A1Tornado: :Carriage: :Carriage:

Online Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 10:34:55 pm »
I just tried to include some photos from my gallery (Dorsetmikespix) on the forum, tried using both the BB code and the direct link, alsol when
I clicked on a thumbnail it did not give me the full size image in the gallery, just the image title

EXAMPLE, I was trying to post this one

In preview and post I just got a short vertical line, clicking it got the rotating "loading"  icon
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:37:23 pm by Dorsetmike »
Cheers MIKE

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline Only Me

• Reader Of The Manual
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Exhibition Layout - Tormouth
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 10:42:37 pm »
I just tried to include some photos from my gallery (Dorsetmikespix) on the forum, tried using both the BB code and the direct link, alsol when
I clicked on a thumbnail it did not give me the full size image in the gallery, just the image title

EXAMPLE, I was trying to post this one

In preview and post I just got a short vertical line, clicking it got the rotating "loading"  icon

INVESTIGATION COMPLETE
Mike your directory shows no photo uploads since December 5th matey

BUT AND THIS IS THE ISSUE.... The link you have pasted isn't a forum photo link...
(Ignore the no bcode parts as thats there to show you a picture link no a picture ;) )

[nobbcode]http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/gallery/albums/Dorsetmike's_pix/Dir_4/main_12218.jpg[/nobbcode]

Forum photo links (for example one of yours in your gallery....) look like this :-

[nobbcode]http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/gallery/46/2855-051216182839.jpeg[/nobbcode] 

So as you can see the link you posted looks like half a forum link and half a directory listing from your own PC ??  The forum can't use "Apostrophes" in links either which is what points it to being a strange error on your side or when you uploaded you've inadvertantly crossed your copy and paste...

@Dorsetmike
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:35:18 am by Only Me »

Online Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 10:45:19 am »
Just done some further checks, the images I was trying to display were on page 7 of my gallery, some of he images on that page display OK but others do not; the ones which do not work are from "dio4"  to "sharky", the thumbnails are OK but the full size images don't  and the links  are corrupted; they were originally uploaded in 2014, I've checked other pages randomly and not found any other errors.

What puzzles me is that the thumbnails display OK yet the full image and links do not.
Cheers MIKE

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £35.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £46.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
131% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything