!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My new locomotive works...  (Read 24513 times)

windycottage and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Atso

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: My new locomotive works...
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2018, 11:35:01 am »
Thanks Mick,

I have some nerve damage in my left forearm and hand (I'm left handed) from my days as a competitive free skater (figure skating, the type on your own where you throw yourself into the air and try and rotate multiple times without killing yourself!). This does create the occasional shake (and I can't feel much in two of my fingers anymore!) so I find that using something to rest my wrists on while doing this kind of work invaluable as it restricts unwanted movement quite nicely. The other thing is the wonderful ability to be able to manipulate or remove enamel paint from a gloss surface using a fine brush moistened (literally only just dampened) with white spirit (again, I do this while resting my wrists). A combination of these factors makes it relatively easy to clean up mistakes (of which I make quite a few!).

Regarding ability, it's just a lot of practice - you haven't seen the ten years plus of mistakes to get to this point!  :-[

Offline Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2018, 10:37:10 am »
I've started on the red lining on one side last night.

I also knocked up the pickups for the rear pony truck and played around with these until I was getting good contact with the wheels while allowing them to still turn.

The pony is printed in Strong White and Flexible (about the only thing I use this material for) and has had the holes opened to clearance using a drill in a pin chuck. The rear overhang for the coupling pocket is slightly too long and so will need trimming back by about 1mm to clear the bottom of the rear buffer beam.

Offline AJP

• N Gauge Society Number: 20372
  • 2mm Association Number: 4918
    • Awards
« Reply #377 on: Yesterday at 08:32:55 pm »
Hi Steve, going back to the county, will you be thinking of a tender (not much around commercially) for it also?
The V1 looks very nice also

Regards Tony

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here