!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kit built on e bay  (Read 1224 times)

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: Kit built on e bay
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 10:18:48 am »
How about contacting ebay and letting them know that the seller has been informed as to the provenance of the model and, if he does not change the description, he is deliberately wrongfully describing the item  ???

I wouldn't waste your time if I were you.

On another Forum, we noticed a vehicle for sale on EBay which we knew had been clocked, by about 75,000 miles. We had documentary evidence to corroborate this fact. 15 members of the forum got in touch with EBay and they did...

...absolutely sod all.

Despite all their rhetoric they really don't give a ****. As long as they get their fees nothing matters.

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

Offline Southerngooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24642
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 02:43:25 pm »
As my wife so rightly pointed out ebay is just a modern electronic version of the small ads in your local paper, isn't it? Would you get irate if they printed something erroneous as a private ad, or even someone like the Railway Modeller? Buyer beware is always the best policy.....only buy what you know...

Offline talisman56

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 08:41:14 am »
It always amuses (and amazes) me how many shops, as well as websites, think that the word "antique" in their trading name automatically qualifies them to "hyper-inflate" their asking prices !

Similarly the four-letter word 'Rare'...
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline davidinyork

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:12 am »
It always amuses (and amazes) me how many shops, as well as websites, think that the word "antique" in their trading name automatically qualifies them to "hyper-inflate" their asking prices !

Similarly the four-letter word 'Rare'...

That usually just means 'not available new' - the fact that there were thousands made fairly recently, or even that there are several others listed on ebay at the same time, doesn't seem to come into it!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
April Donations

Advertise Here