!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 128253 times)

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2016, 05:18:12 pm »
My first RTR coach arrived today.  Here it is in its box, just as I received it.

It's a suburban second.  Now it may seem strange that I am ordering rolling stock when the baseboards haven't arrived yet, but I saw a report on the n-gauge facebook group page that with the fall in the pound, practically all model railway products are set for a rise of anywhere between 10% and 20%.  This is because they are all imported and priced in US dollars.  So I decided to order as much as I could ASAP.  I have ordered all my locomotives, the track, points and point motors, almost all of the rolling stock, controllers, etc, etc.  So at least I have something to get excited about now as I await delivery.  A few items of rolling stock are not available anywhere at the moment so I will have to add them as they become available.  I couldn't get a 9F from any of the normal stockists, but I have located one on ebay and ordered it.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2016, 05:27:55 pm »
The Suburban coaches are very nice models. Yours looks like BR Crimson livery one. I think you're very wise to buy as much new rolling stock as possible in view of the forthcoming price rises due to the fall of the GBP of around 15%. This will also affect the price of DCC chips, too.

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2016, 06:44:55 pm »
My first loco arrived today, a BR standard 2-10-0 9F, 92006.  I bought it on ebay, but it needs a chip, so I'll have to buy one.  Also today, my Weller 25 Watt soldering iron arrived plus the outstanding green cable from RadioSpares.

Sorry about the photo quality, but I don't want to take it out of its wrapper until I have somewhere to put it.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2016, 08:13:07 pm »
Handle the 9F with great care as the cardan (drive) shaft twixt loco & tender can pop out very easily.
This I know :doh:

Offline Croxy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2016, 02:29:21 am »
Handle the 9F with great care as the cardan (drive) shaft twixt loco & tender can pop out very easily.

Ditto.........very impressed with the shed and the layout plan looks fantastic........
If you like it run it......

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2016, 06:50:56 am »
Thanks for the advice.  Is it easy to re-locate it if it does?  And will I have to disconnect the tender to fit the chip?
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Jerry Howlett

• N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2016, 01:35:09 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  Is it easy to re-locate it if it does?  And will I have to disconnect the tender to fit the chip?

Easy to "pop it back in" as long as it hasn't embedded itself in the carpet or the dog.
Not a DCC man but the chip is located under the coal load. So that just lifts out.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2016, 03:38:51 pm »
Not checked in for a while, but the train shed project is coming along great!  hope the shed warming went well and the baseboards don't take much longer to come.... you are very organised, will give you that!

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2016, 04:13:00 pm »
More goodies arrived today.

The 2 brake composites and the 4 insulated vans came from Antics and the suburban composite from Peter's models.  These are part of the "mop up" of items I couldn't order from Hattons.  The main Hattons order was dispatched yesterday, so it should arrive early next week.  There may still be a few outstanding items on back order, but the majority should come in the main delivery. 

I managed to locate the final outstanding item in the US on ebay.  The price is similar to the UK price, but the postage is quite a lot more.  It is not exactly what I wanted, another WR brake composite, but a full brake, which will go well with the XP passenger hauled by a Hall.

The baseboards are being manufactured and they are expected within the next two weeks.  So it shouldn't be long before I start construction in earnest.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2016, 05:01:24 pm »
A very nice selection of rolling stock there, Laurence. I'm very fond of the BR WR Chocolate & Cream livery and have a lot (far more than I really ned even for a 1962 Summer Saturday!) of BR Standard coaches in this livery. Have you considered a Collett or Hawksworth BG or a Siphon G (Lima body on Dapol chassis) for your parcels stock?

Offline Croxy

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2016, 06:20:12 pm »

It's not too hard to put back in.....just a bit fiddly.....not hard to fit the chip but the drive shaft does tend to pop out sometimes when handling the loco and tender together depending on how the two parts are moved.......
If you like it run it......

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2016, 07:55:50 pm »
I received three more coaches today.  Two suburban composites, one in BR crimson and one in BR maroon.  The subtle difference between them makes for more interest.  Also, the WR full brake arrived, not from the US (my mistake).  The one coming from the US is a WR buffet.  I've also received a maroon buffet, so most of the mopping up is now done.  I had a failed delivery from Parcel Force today.  I suspect it's the auxiliary power supply for the accessory decoders, but I'll know for sure tomorrow.  These are all the coaches I've received so far. 

As soon as some track arrives I'll take them out of their boxes and display them in all their glory.  Hopefully, by then there will be some (possibly lots of) additions.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2016, 09:12:38 pm »
I have pretty much the same coaches, Lawrence, as these ones. In the case of the WR Chocolate & Cream ones, probably, even the same running numbers. (So, some scope for a special train if your WTT has a path for one, later?)

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2016, 08:10:32 am »
Yes, both of the brake composites have the same number, but as they will be on different trains that will never be seen together, I don't think anyone will notice, unless they happen to be a train spotter of the worst kind.  I expect that many of the second class coaches will also have duplicate numbers, but I am determined to get everything running as RTR now and I can address things like stock numbers later.  In fact, once the layout is up and fully running, the next priority will be the scenery, so stock numbers comes some way down on the list.

At some time in the future I may buy a Castle or a rebuilt Scott, so I could organise a Cant Cove holiday special.  However, I'll need an additional hidden siding to put it in when not in use.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2016, 08:22:35 am »
Thanks for your reply, Laurence. If you're only buying the latest (what was 'Blue Riband') standard GF coaches you'll have some excellent models but may have to renumber any duplicates, later, or wait until another production run with different running numbers (which does happen). However, at N Scale running numbers are not, usually, visible at normal viewing distance so it's not a priority. I also have some of the previous standard 'enhanced' made in China, BR Chocolate & Cream and Lined Maroon coaches. So, I don't have any duplicate running numbers. A special to Cant Cove, next summer would be great. I have two "Castles" and one "Hall" (all awaiting DCC-fitting): Graham Farish by Bachman N - 370-150 BR 7004 "Eastnor Castle" - Double Chimney; super-detailed Graham Farish N - BR 4096 "Highclere Castle", Graham Farish by Bachmann, and N - 372-000 "Hall" Class 4-6-0 5955 "Garth Hall" BR Green as well as, here (DCC-fitted) 7816 "Frilsham Manor", GWR 4-6-0 Locomotive, Ixion Model Railways - super-detailed. (Really anything bigger than a "Mogul" 2-6-0 would be too heavy for Cant Cove's RA.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here
anything