Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the first baseboards to arrive, so I've nothing to show about the construction progress. Martin is producing the three boards to go along the back of the shed first, so I await their arrival with anticipation. In the meantime, with the pound dropping like a stone, I have already purchased my Digikeijs accessory decoders from Holland. Here they are
and here's one in close up.
Each will operate 8 sets of points. They are smaller than I had expected, so I will be able to mount them directly onto the baseboard frames instead of having to mark out the underside of the boards.
I've just ordered five reels of wire (red, black. blue, brown and green) from RS together with solder tags to secure the bus lines to the boards. I've also ordered some plug and socket sets via Ebay to make the connections between the boards. Fortunately, there's plenty to do in the garden at the moment, so boredom hasn't set in yet, but I do want to get started in earnest.