!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Llanrumney  (Read 18023 times)

Offline Drakken

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Building Llanrumney
    • Awards
Re: Llanrumney TMD
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2018, 10:53:13 pm »
Firstly sincere apologies to all, I've not been well & not replying promptly,

@25901JFM Really got my thinking of modernising the tower in some way possibly using the hoses somehow to wash diesel's very crudely in the beginning before something proper was put in place?

@Chris in Prague I like the idea possibly keeping a slightly derelict steam single road shed and really think about tweaking my era to allow the end of steam rather than preservation I was originally thinking to allow the less of upkeep on steam due to new buildings being built for diesels. I do enjoy a good rail-freight rake definatley need some adjusting and more mixed rake like yours

@port perran No idea why but a newly left or disused coaling stage to go with the water tower would fit in really nicely and tie in possibly each end of the layout

@Everyone Appreciate all the replys helping me out, Sincerely Thank you :beers:

Now another issue has appeared apologies lol, It's meant to be a TMD but with a Rail-Freight rake & now this... What do I do lol. I think a passing loop maybe needed  :beers:

5 For the Lima Class 55 which is basically a dummy but couldn't turn it down (Needs renumbered when I find a photo of one in south wales region I can match to & 2.50 each for the Milk Wagons couldn't say no

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: Yesterday at 12:14:32 pm »

5 For the Lima Class 55 which is basically a dummy but couldn't turn it down (Needs renumbered when I find a photo of one in south wales region I can match to

I think you're on a hiding to nothing there as, unless the driver was hopelessly lost, they never got that far west as far as I know. In such situations my 'catch all' of a footie special is invoked ;)

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: Yesterday at 01:58:16 pm »

Offline Drakken

• Building Llanrumney
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: Yesterday at 02:04:05 pm »
I done a little reading & found this but other reports suggest it was Class 37's not 55's

On loan to Western Region for 'dipped rail joint tests' (permission to run L/E at 100 mph). Moves as follows:
 5Zxx Didcot - Twyford.
 5Zxx Twyford - Paddington.
 5Zxx 06:30 Paddington - Didcot.
 5Zxx 10:15 Didcot - (Willesden).

On Sundays 12th and 19th January 1975 a Deltic locomotive made high speed runs between Twyford and Didcot, hauling Mark IIe and If coaching stock and test coach Mentor. On 12th January 55007 "PINZA" was used whilst on the 19th it was the turn of 55001 "ST. PADDY".

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #319 on: Yesterday at 02:17:09 pm »

Offline Drakken

• Building Llanrumney
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: Yesterday at 02:32:43 pm »

Offline 25901JFM

• N Gauge Society Number: 23462
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: Yesterday at 05:46:47 pm »
Railtours also give you an excuse to have a Deltic.  At least two got to Cardiff in the 70's:
12/10/75 55003 worked a special from Paddington to Cardiff with the then relatively new electric heated / air conditioned Mark 2's.
29/01/78 55018 worked a tour from Paddington to Cardiff and a pair of class 20's (20142+20030) then worked the tour to Treherbert and back to Cardiff.  This one formed of the more traditional Mark 1's.
Rule one always applies and quite often there is a prototype for most things if you search hard enough and maybe apply a little artistic licence!
John

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #322 on: Yesterday at 06:04:34 pm »
how  about a rugby special or a foot ball special as haymarket ( edinburgh ) had no spare loco available for the fans special ( scotland away to wales )  and canoton ( cardiff ) was full to capacity so llanrumney became the servicing point

Offline Drakken

• Building Llanrumney
    • Awards
Re: Llanrumney
« Reply #323 on: Yesterday at 07:23:47 pm »
Railtours also give you an excuse to have a Deltic.  At least two got to Cardiff in the 70's:
12/10/75 55003 worked a special from Paddington to Cardiff with the then relatively new electric heated / air conditioned Mark 2's.
29/01/78 55018 worked a tour from Paddington to Cardiff and a pair of class 20's (20142+20030) then worked the tour to Treherbert and back to Cardiff.  This one formed of the more traditional Mark 1's.
Rule one always applies and quite often there is a prototype for most things if you search hard enough and maybe apply a little artistic licence!
John

@25901JFM  Totally within the current era I was going for, Thank you so much. I've been reading a lot trying to locate exact locomotive for my era & location but like you say searching hard enough you'll probably find it :beers:

@crewearpley40 Thinking I'm going to use your idea for any other loco I would like to purchase in the future :beers:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:24:58 pm by Drakken »

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #324 on: Yesterday at 07:28:34 pm »
if your modelling the mid 80s this was at the heart of the miners ' strikes, i remember classes 47, 50, 56, 58s being used with mk 1 / mk2 combinations on revenue service trains, specials as coal trains were rarely running !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 25901JFM

• N Gauge Society Number: 23462
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: Today at 10:33:28 am »
Using Rule 1, you could have occasional unusual loco's visiting for trials on coal or other freight traffic in the local area.

Offline Drakken

• Building Llanrumney
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: Today at 03:15:40 pm »
http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/3_12-10-75.htm

https://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/70s/751012br.html

and aiming at 55018 :

http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/18_29-1-78.htm

https://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/70s/780129rp.html

Genius, Actually photo of Class 55 in Cardiff Central :beers: I'll definatley be keeping it now. I've dropped the TMD from the name & give the site a addon to the backstory to allow some storage of wagons on the layout.

Thank you all for the input it's been awesome :beers:

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #328 on: Today at 04:16:40 pm »
hope brought the memories back sorry but i was only young and could not take the credit for the photos, but hope the info helps

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here