!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Westbury Junction 1938-42 (Perceived)  (Read 7910 times)

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Westbury Junction 1938-42 (Perceived)
« Reply #480 on: Yesterday at 07:43:39 pm »
Well I got my head round it all okay. Trouble is the muscles in my neck and shoulders are in knots now!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #481 on: Yesterday at 08:15:50 pm »
Meantime, I'm confident to proceed.

Leon

Now that bit I understood :dunce:

Offline Leon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #482 on: Yesterday at 08:47:32 pm »
The part I don't understand is how I can spend 15-30 minutes crafting a reply, click Post, and lose my message! :) This has happened to me a few times.

So sorry, folks! I'll try again later. I ended the lost post with the statement "It's crystal clear to my muddled mind!"

Leon

Offline Leon

• Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #483 on: Yesterday at 09:48:46 pm »
Mito, did you understand? Your contribution was largely responsible for getting me to where I am now. :)

One more try. All of my track is wired the same way, so all locomotives will travel in the same direction. Clearly, this isn't acceptable, except for the Biss River line where I'll only operate the autocoach push-pull service (even though I know it's a mainline and other trains do run in both directions). For the trains to Paddington, I'll have to reverse the polarity of Controller 2. That can be done with a Kato Power Direction Control, or more simply, by changing Forward and Reverse on the Controller. At that point, I've enabled UP traffic to Paddington on the main/avoiding line of my layout. When Controller 2 isn't live, Controller 1 can move the DOWN traffic anywhere on the layout that isn't isolated. The sidings will be isolated and wired to Controller 3.

I think that's it. I'm sorry I was so verbose with my previous explanation. I've apologized for that before, but still convinced that two paragraphs are better than two sentences when trying to explain complex issues.  :)  I'm just guilty of sometimes making simple issues complex, I guess.

If my muddled mind has short-circuited and produced a flawed solution, please let me know! There is probably a more sophisticated solution, but as I'm using Kato and not soldering, simple trumps sophisticated.

Leon
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:53:08 pm by Leon »

Online Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #484 on: Today at 06:38:26 am »
The part I don't understand is how I can spend 15-30 minutes crafting a reply, click Post, and lose my message! :) This has happened to me a few times.

So sorry, folks! I'll try again later. I ended the lost post with the statement "It's crystal clear to my muddled mind!"

Leon
In my early days on the forum, I lost quite a lot of posts so, if I'm writing a substantial post, I write it in Word first and then paste it into the reply window.  Also, I usually check the preview before hitting the Post button.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Online Mito

• Awards
« Reply #485 on: Today at 04:23:42 pm »
I appologise profusely for getting you where you are now! :). I normally am on the forum last thing at night when the grey matter says it's bedtime. If you have come up with this solution then I would try it, see if it works for you. Because you have a plug in system, if there are problems it's just a question of replugging in elsewhere. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. You have reached the stage where theory ceases and practice takes over. This would be my next step. Try all the permutations you are intending to make, and if successful great.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:25:41 pm by Mito, Reason: Pressed the wrong button »
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline Leon

• Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #486 on: Today at 07:06:25 pm »
I appologise profusely for getting you where you are now! :). I normally am on the forum last thing at night when the grey matter says it's bedtime. If you have come up with this solution then I would try it, see if it works for you. Because you have a plug in system, if there are problems it's just a question of replugging in elsewhere. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. You have reached the stage where theory ceases and practice takes over. This would be my next step. Try all the permutations you are intending to make, and if successful great.

Mito, I like your advice! I'm of the same mind. I've more time than anything else and don't mind trying different alternatives. Yesterday, I went back to AnyRail and tried several different track modifications. In the end, I reverted to the existing track plan, but it was time well spent as it gave me more confidence that I can make modifications as I go along. When I start fitting my roads and buildings into the layout I'm sure there will be some forced changes.

Kato limits creativity and flexibility, but for a person my age without previous serious modelling experience it is a lot simpler and easier.

Leon

Online Mito

• Awards
« Reply #487 on: Today at 08:37:45 pm »
I read somewhere sometime ago that model railwaying can reduce the likelihood of developing Altzheimers and improve mental agility. It must because of all the different facets of the hobby.  Many of us here are in or about to enter our second childhood, some I think haven't left their first one. :no:
The most important thing is to enjoy and have fun in what you are doing. Making mistakes and learning from them is an important part of the hobby. Whilst I might appear to know something, there is an awful lot about which I know little or nothing, such as Kato track.
If there is anything else you would like me to confuse you with, don't hesitate to ask! :D
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here
anything