!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Posting Images From a 3rd Party Site.  (Read 6729 times)

Online Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Re: Posting Images From a 3rd Party Site.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 10:15:47 pm »
I have a load of photos on what used to be a Picasaweb host, now calling itself  "googleusercontent"  I just right click on the image and select "Copy image location" then paste that between img /img markers

I can do the same with images that come up on a Google image search and on some other sites

Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline Mirrlees

• N Gauge Society Number: 17765
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 11:53:53 pm »
Getting round the issue is tricky.  Photobucket only gives you a very limit amount of embedded pictures, that or you need to pay them $599.99 a year :veryangry:

Flickr will allow you to embed with BB code as long as you advertise this fact.  IE that get upset if you don't use there BB code.

I'm unsure as to why one image will work but two won't.  Logic would dictate that if one image's BB code works that more that one set of BB code will work.

Any ideas people.

Cheers
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 07:55:42 am »
I'm unsure as to why one [flickr] image will work but two won't.  Logic would dictate that if one image's BB code works that more that one set of BB code will work.

Any ideas people.

Cheers
I suspect it may be that repeating the BBcode or embedding tags repeats the javascript or some other element that upsets the forum.  Would need to try further experiments.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything