!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Moorside Valley Railway  (Read 24188 times)

Offline Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Moorside Valley Railway
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2016, 12:42:38 am »
Always good to see snow layouts. They're not modelled often!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2017, 02:05:57 pm »
Good to see Moorside Valley Railway featured in the December edition of Railway Modeller :thumbsup:

Offline portland-docks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22291
  • give me a black 5 anyday!
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Moorside Valley Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2018, 04:32:30 pm »
hey all, looks like i can finally get round to posting on here again! its amazing how you can get so wrapped up in stuff you dont have time for the simple things!

i have been able to keep the facebook page updated but finding enough time to do it on here seems to escape me!

so....LONG OVERDUE update!

We attended the N Gauge Show this year, our first show since we revamped the layout AGAIN! (yes it now looks different! LESS SNOW!).

I am waiting for photos which my friend took over the weekend, and i have been asked to make an article for "N Gauge Now", so that should be interesting!

But for those who saw us at TINGS, i feel i need to aplogise for the layout looking and running rather poorly....

For those who know, we are based in a historic listed building at Bowes Railway in Gateshead, which is non-temperature controlled. So over the past 4 months we have tried building the layout in a room which averaged 35-40degree C. This actually left us not being able to work on it for a full month as track kept expanding, scenics wouldnt set properly plus we had a fear of boards warping...

To then make things harder, only 2 of us essentially work on the layout up at Bowes, (depsite there being 4 operators). and my good friend Ian who helps me an awful lot was unfortunatly diagnosed with severe prostate cancer, which then ruled him out for the final 4 weeks leading up to the show and the show itself, which killed any hope of finishing scenics in time as i was away for 3 of the final weeks on holiday.

so apologies for the tardiness and poor performance, but safe to say its been a hellacious 4 months leading up to the show!

We now have 4 mondays and one open weekend to finish the scenics, make a couple adjustments before our next show in Hartlepool! i will try my best to keep this updated but forgive me if i dont!

cheers

Paul
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Offline Black Sheep

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2018, 04:37:18 pm »
Clive and I enjoyed watching Moorside

Even if he did try to push Mr Bean's mini off a cliff...  :smiley-laughing:

Offline portland-docks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22291
  • give me a black 5 anyday!
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Moorside Valley Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2018, 04:45:07 pm »
dont get me started on mr beans mini, was a menace when callum was here on saturday!  :scowl:
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here